Considering getting the Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy' started by narshbleed60, Jun 3, 2015.

1. narshbleed60

narshbleed60 New Member

I am thinking of getting a Samsung Galaxy S4. I don't know if I should get it or if I should wait for the note 3... I currently have an iPhone 4S.... Should I reconsider? and if i should reconsider please can you give at least five 'legit' reasons please.

2. Loading...

3. Totalarmordestine

Totalarmordestine Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I've owned a Note 2 since last November and I can honestly say it's by far the best Phone I've ever had.People say a 5.5" screen is to big, but for me there's no turning back to anything smaller and I'm looking forward to an even bigger screen on the Note 3.So anyway here's my personnel 5 main reasons why I find the Note 2 so useful and better.1.Huge screen which makes all those Apps you use worth actually using to the max.For example YouTube.Or if you like playing games on the move Angry Birds is a lot more easier to play and enjoy on a massive screen.I had an iPhone a couple of years ago and showing friends videos or photos on it was ok but no where near as good as the Note 2.Also surfing the Web is so much enjoyable on a big screen.2.The S pen.The S pen makes surfing the web a lot more accurate.I also use the S pen to do my work rota and it comes packed with great software.3.Battery.I find with mild use the battery can last two days. I've never had that performance from any other Phone.4.Android OS.The Android OS more or less lets you customize to your hearts content.It's something that iPhones just don't have.5.Reliability .I've had no problems or concerns with the Note 2 unlike with previous Phones crashing and freezing.So there you go.If I was you I'd wait for The Note 3 just like I am.Hope this helped

4. tarverten

tarverten Member

I have the Note 2, it's a great phone. I got it just before the S4 came out but I probably would have gotten the Note 2 anyway, since I really wanted the larger screen and the longer battery life.

I'm sure the Note 3 will be even better - but if the screen is even bigger than on the Note 2 then I'm not sure I would want it; there's big and then there's too big!

As far as whether you should get the Note 2 or the Note 3, the Note 2 is out now and the Note 3 isn't. The Note 2 is also going to be cheaper, especially when the Note 3 comes out. I know that's not five reasons but it's all you're getting right now. ;-)

5. blastguardgear

blastguardgear Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

The S4 and the Note 3 are both good phones. I "test drove" the NOTE2 back when it was hyped about, and it pretty much was like the S3, but humungous-ly larger-- one thing you will need to consider is size. That was one reason i ended up selling the note so soon. They basically are pretty much the same phone, except for one having more options and having the S-pen. The S4 if you like to hold your phone and not have your arm get tired etc is a good phone. I just felt the Note wasn't as pocket-able and if you watched a movie for a long period of time you'd understand that it's not that easy to hold. Your arms tend to fall asleep from holding it for so long.

6. thepieeatingjay

thepieeatingjay New Member

Galaxy Note 3 over Galaxy S4:
    +Bigger better screen (Rumor suggests 5.7" Full HD LCD display for Spen sensitivity)
    + Updated Spen (Tons of new features for boosting productivity.Rumor suggests new apps for Spen.)
    +Faster CPU & GPU [Snapdragon 800 @ 2.3 Ghz n Adreno 330 GPU/ Exynos 5420 octo core { 4 cortex A15cores @ 1.9 Ghz n 4 A9 cores @ 1.4 Ghz} n Mali T628 GPU (T628 > adreno 320 GPU in S4) ]
    +3GB RAM (+1 GB xtra from S4)
    +Bigger Battery @ 3500-3700 Mah
    +Updated Camera (Optical image stabilization + Samsung orb)
    +Redesigned hardware (squarish design,just a rumor)
    +Android 4.3 Jellybean
    +Redesigned Touchwiz (will probably be less laggy than s4 even though it will have tons of features)

7. k9cb

k9cb New Member

The only downside I could see if it's too bulky for you. Especially if you end up getting a more robust protective case, this phone is pretty huge. It's a very big step up from an iphone.

That being said, I love the size. Way better than any phone I've had for watching videos or reading. The keyboard also has a one-hand setting, so you don't have to worry about it being too clumsy or anything.

8. OhioTom76

OhioTom76 New Member

The Note 5 will be coming out relatively soon, I'm not sure why you would want to buy a model that is nearly 2 years old at this point, and probably not even available anymore at most of the carriers, considering the Note 4 came out last fall and it's already being steeply discounted in preparation for the launch of the Note 5.

I personally got a Note 3 last summer, when it was already several months old, and though it is a fantastic phone, I would rather put my money towards a newer model, otherwise the Note 3 will become obsolete faster and you may start running into problems with various apps no longer being supported on it.

In general though, I don't think I could ever go back to a smaller phone after becoming used to the larger screen on the Note 5. I don't find the screen to be too big at all. In fact, the Samsung software has a built in option you can change to shrink down the keyboard for people with smaller hands, so that pretty much solves that problem. And despite it's size, it's one of the lightest phones I've owned yet - I have no problem at all storing it in my front pocket on my shirt - it doesn't weight it down like my other smart phones did. It's also very fast, as I mentioned it's nearly 2 years old at this point and I still get no lag or sluggishness from it. The screen is vibrant and super sharp and bright, perfect for watching movies or videos when travelling, but it's also just easier to see and use in general.

For the downsides of this model: One of the biggest issues is the plastic frame, the silver trim in particular dents very easily. My finger nails alone left permanent indentations in it from me simply reaching for it and picking it up. For as high quality as the screen and specs of the phone are, it's baffling for them to put it in such cheap plastic. Also, even though it comes with a stylus I seldom use it at all. Honestly the only reason I wanted the stylus was for people to be able to sign their name when paying me for work via PayPal Here on my phone. They can swipe their credit card right on my phone with the PayPal attachment, then sign their name to complete the sale and I can send them a receipt. Finally, the phone itself comes with a lot of bloatware that you cannot remove - I think there are like 41 apps pre-installed on the phone right out of the box.

9. k9cb

k9cb New Member

Oh god, I hate the bloatware. It was such a pain to get it under control. I disabled and uninstalled everything I could and dumped everything else in a folder so I didn't have to look at it. The most obnoxious thing for me was the double tap on the homescreen opening my magazine.