Can't Install Certain Apps on my Tablet

Discussion in 'Android Tablets' started by geobingshoot, Jun 14, 2015.

1. geobingshoot

geobingshoot New Member

I just got an Alcatel Onetouch Pop7 tablet and it runs Android 4.2.2. I can't install Dropbox Carousel or Nick's app even they require 4.0.3 and 4.0+ respectively. My tablet has a 1.3 GHZ dual-core processor & 1 GB ram. Could there be a problem with the specs or are these apps not for tablets?

2. Loading...

3. Totalarmordestine

Totalarmordestine Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

See, this right here is why you can't buy no name tablets. I made the same mistake you did and had the same issues.

Samsung, Sony, LG, HTC, Nexus, etc. Go with any of those and you won't have this sort of issue. Even Amazon Fire tablets don't have this problem

Diane Lane likes this.
  4. tarverten

tarverten Member

well, I suppose there cant be a problem with the specs of your phone. There might be some wizard errors or may be you can consider switching from one source to another for installation and hopefully it will work

5. blastguardgear

blastguardgear Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

Some apps are created for specific devices and does not include of tablets or phones, maybe because of resolution, maybe because developer didn´t include your device. I have Asus Transformer tablet and some Asus apps aren´t compatible with device as manufacturer/developer didn´t include it.

6. thepieeatingjay

thepieeatingjay New Member

If you buy NoName tablet from China plenty of apps may not work thrue Google Play. In the past I had GoClever Orion 70 which is 100% chinese cheap crap released for Poland, Slovakia and Czech Republic and half of the apps used on Nexus 7 wasn´t compatible with it.

7. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

This is an enlightening thread. I hadn't realized that so many of the lesser known brands could have issues with apps, nor that a developer would have to include the specific device in order for the app to work on it. I'm glad I found this out prior to buying a tablet, since I don't have the money to play around and buy the wrong one.

@geobingshoot I hope you're able to figure out the issue and resolve it.

8. Techpreneur

Techpreneur New Member

Generally, tablets are much more unsupported than an average smart-phone. I have a newer model Tablet with a more up to date version that can't use half the apps my outdated ZTE phone can use. It's ultimately due to the fact that a lot of the base framework of apps was built with smart-phones in mind, and then later on Tablets came strolling through the gate.

I would beg to differ. I have had a few of those kind of tablets in the past with many issues with unsupported Apps.

Diane Lane likes this.
  9. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

Yes, my tablet is Samsung Galaxy, and most of the apps I've looked at say for phones only. I've still installed a few of them, in the hopes that they would work, but some specifically state that they won't work with my tablet. I bought a mainstream tablet for many reasons, one of which was because I thought for sure there would be plenty of apps, but the field does seem to be limited.