Can't enable USB debugging mode

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy' started by jutabraonl, Jul 9, 2015.

1. jutabraonl

jutabraonl New Member

Galaxy Note 3 N9005, 4.4.2

I'm trying to enable USB debugging mode because I accidentally deleted some photos from the phone's internal memory.

Ive followed all the instructions I found on the web. Namely, enabling the developer options and then checking "USB debugging".

I've tried restarting my phone, restarting my laptop , I've plugged and unplugged USB cable a dozen times and its a quality Samsung cable. I've checked the USB driver on my computer and windows tells me that it's the latest one.

No matter what I do it always comes up on the status bar as "connected as a media device"

2. Loading...

3. k9cb

k9cb New Member

Do you have an alternate USB port you could try? I've gone through similar frustration only to realize the problem was localized to one USB port. It will charge fine, but unlike my other ports, it won't recognize my phone. Personally, I never investigated what the specific hardware problem is with mine (whether it's just dirty or there is a bent pin), as I have three others that work fine, but from what I understand, they're pretty cheap and easy to replace.

4. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I'm having this same issue, and it's very frustrating. The device charges just fine, but I was trying to use a specific app, and it wouldn't proceed, because of this issue. The tablet is brand new, so I don't really think there's an issue with my tablet, but perhaps with the app. When I went to re-download the app, I couldn't find it, and I can't remember if I originally downloaded it from the Google Play store, or the actual website. I wasn't able to see an option to switch device type from media device to other, so wasn't able to proceed.

Mine is a Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 Tablet.