Can You Preorder VR Gear For Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge?

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy' started by queenbellevue, Apr 23, 2015.

1. queenbellevue

queenbellevue New Member

According to this engadget article http://www.engadget.com/2015/04/23/samsung-gear-vr-s6/ you could be able to pre-order the headset soon. Is anyone here thinking about getting it? I'd LOVE getting the tech IF it works as advertised, which I don't think it's quite there yet.

Personally, I'm going to wait until all the VR kinks and bugs have been fixed, which could be in a year or more.

2. Loading...

3. teamxxlp

teamxxlp Active Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

Well, it's more like faux virtual reality, and it's nothing like the power of the Oculus Rift or Microsoft Holo Lens. Heck, Google Cardboard will get you a similar experience minus a couple features, and it's made from cardboard. Virtual reality has never panned out well, and the technology is years off, so the VR Gear doesn't impress me one bit. Augmented reality seems like a better option, and Microsoft is working on something truly innovative in that field.

4. Kyler

Kyler Active Member

I think you're doing the right thing because waiting for the bugs to be fixed is better than wasting your money on one already, as the prices would even go down by time anyway. I think this is what you should do always, is wait before you actually decide to get it right away. You don't know if it might be faulty or something really bad comes up with the design, just wait a little.

5. jfab

jfab Member

It's just best to wait. Lots of bad things happen to the gadget when it's preordered anyway. I don't mean to sound superstitious but that's what usually happens to a lot of people I know.

6. Kyler

Kyler Active Member

Absolutely. In fact, it's more common than people actually know. People who preorder and get the new product, it's usualy with a lot of bugs, and no they won't get a replacement because it's not their fault that it was manufactured with bugs and sent, they won't replace it with the upgrade. It happened with the Oculus Rift.