Can`t send text messages

Discussion in 'Google Nexus' started by Beny, Mar 28, 2015.

1. Beny

Beny Member

Mar 26, 2015
    Male
    Hey everyone,
    My problem is that whenever I send a text message, the app says it`s been sent through sms and money from my prepaid is taken. But no one I text receives the message... I use google hangouts app to send my text messages, it`s my default messaging app, I`ve verified my number within the Hangouts app ... This is happening to me since I updated from Android Kitkat to the L preview and Lollipop.
    I've tried to use an alternative app and ...same result.
    Do you think it could be the software ?Thanks in advance :)

2. Loading...

3. SecretlyTaco

SecretlyTaco New Member

Apr 26, 2015
    If the balance is taken from your account with the carrier, I think it's probably something at their end, or maybe with whoever you were sending the SMS to.

4. teamxxlp

teamxxlp Active Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

Apr 22, 2015
    Male
    Perhaps your carrier has issues sending text messages to other carriers, and that's not exactly unheard of. Some AT&T customers won't always receive texts from Sprint numbers, for instance. If that's the case, then you'll have to complain to your carrier and see if you can get anything credited back to your account. Otherwise, I doubt it's Lollipop or Hangouts. You could try switching to Messenger as your SMS app, and I'm not talking about Facebook Messenger.

5. SecretlyTaco

SecretlyTaco New Member

Apr 26, 2015
    Is this the app you're talking about?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.apps.messaging&hl=en_GB

teamxxlp likes this.
  6. teamxxlp

teamxxlp Active Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

Apr 22, 2015
    Male
    Yup. For whatever reason, Google has Hangouts and Messenger as SMS options for Android smartphones. I like Hangouts, but it's convoluted for a lot of users, and Messenger works far more like a traditional SMS app/default messaging app. I've never had issues with Messenger compared to Hangouts, though it's not super feature-rich.