Can I delete pre-installed Apps ?

Discussion in 'HTC' started by Darleen, Mar 28, 2015.

1. Darleen

Darleen New Member

Feb 27, 2015
    Female
    Hi,

Can I delete pre-installed applications from my phone like Facebook. But not in settings only that lets you delete downloaded apps. Help me to resolve this. Thanks in advance.

2. Loading...

3. Richard

Richard New Member

Feb 26, 2015
    Male
    Hi, yes you can do this, but you might have download an Application to do it. Download app and check after that hope it will be fine and it will help out.

4. Jonna

Jonna Member

Feb 27, 2015
    Female
    I bought the HTC X at last three months ago. I have already insalled app of facebook and I wish to delete the pre-installed apps such as Facebook but I don't know any knowledge,
    So anybody can tell me how can I delete the pre-installed app such as Facebook. ?/ Looking forward to see some suggestion, thanks.

5. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

Apr 15, 2015
    Male
    GEEK
    Manchester UK
    One of the biggest drawbacks of an android phone, all android phones that is, is the amount of bloatware that the device comes with straight out of the box.

A lot can be deleted and disabled but knowing exactly what you can and can't remove can be a tricky business.

The only sure way to be able to wipe your phone, not recommended by the way is to root your device and then delete content that way.

Unfortunately many people can turn their phones into an expensive paperweight by not knowing what not to delete. While it's one thing to free your phone of apps you won't use, is it worth the risk of killing your device for the sake of freeing a couple of GB?

6. teamxxlp

teamxxlp Active Member

Apr 22, 2015
    Male
    Rooting's not difficult with all of the guides available for each phone, and it's the only option for deleting pre-installed apps if you don't have Android 4.0 or above (to disable the apps instead). Luckily, that's why I always choose devices that come with stock Android because I don't have a single app extra as bloatware, so that's always convenient.

7. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Apr 15, 2015
    Male
    GEEK
    Manchester UK
    While rooting is an option, well, the only option to completely rid you device of unwanted apps, I've never really been a big fan.

I think this is from when somebody I know, got a brand new device, paid the full amount for it in cash, took it out the box, rooted it and it failed and it killed the device. It was stuck in a memory reset loop and it couldn't be rectified.

That's always stuck in my mind when it comes to rooting your device. Is it worth the risk?