Can I connect a Google Nexus 7 tablet to a projector?

Discussion in 'Google Nexus' started by geobingshoot, Jun 2, 2015.

1. geobingshoot

geobingshoot New Member

I'm a little to cheap to actually buy a smart projector. So I'm looking to use my tablet instead. Can anyone help me?

2. Loading...

3. Totalarmordestine

Totalarmordestine Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

Well, conditionally yes, but judging from the specs of the Nexus 7 - no.

There are no wired outputs on the Nexus 7, as far as I can see from the tech specs page. However, there are a couple of tricks you can pull.

* Some projectors are Bluetooth-compatible. The Nexus 7 has Bluetooth. You may be able to leverage the Bluetooth in order to get the Nexus 7 to display the image through the projector.

* If the projector is connected to a full-fledged computer, you may be able to use a desktop extender app (such as the ScreenSlider app) or a remote login app (such as LogMeIn) to get output to the projector.

4. tarverten

tarverten Member

Unfortunately, the Nexus 7 doesn't contain the hardware to output to a projector. Other Android tablets do. But it may also depend on what version of the Nexus you have

5. blastguardgear

blastguardgear Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

Nexus Q is Google's new product that enables one to stream video from the Cloud via Google Play or YouTube to a device like a projector or TV. You can connect your Nexus wireless to the Nexus Q and select the movie or media from your Google Nexus Tablet PC. You can watch some YouTube clips that I have included below. Note however that Google has delayed the initial sales of the device for now.