Camera can`t take pictures anymore

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Sofia, Apr 1, 2015.

1. Sofia

Sofia Member

Last day when I wanted to take a picture with my 5c, the right side of the screen becomes a solid purple color. Today I get same thing. Nothing is blocking the lens. Sometime it is a narrow field on the left and sometimes it nearly takes uptake whole screen. And I can`t take no pictures now. What to do, guys ?:mad:

2. Loading...

3. Beny

Beny Member

To make sure that this is not software related, you can do this :
    set it back to factory settings, without using any backup data afterwards.
    set up the rest of the personal settings manually and test the camera. Tell me if it was usefull :)

devinametallic likes this.
  4. Sofia

Sofia Member

Ok... so I did it :D It`s ok now but I hope not to occur :confused:

5. Bogdana

Bogdana New Member

In case if happens again, which I hope it wont, here are other suggestions.
    Sometimes, this problem can be related to some faulty apps. If you have downloaded and installed a new app recently, and if the problem with camera started at the same time, remove the app.
    Also, update iOS.

6. devinametallic

devinametallic New Member

Thanks Beny I had this problem too. LOL

7. vegito12

vegito12 New Member

I did have this issue once, it turned out to be factory settings must have reset them or touched it and casued the camera not to work properly and was annoying as wanted to take some good photos but could not. Some apps did cause the camera to not work properly, as the apps were not working as well just took space and removed them than the problem went away. I hope that it does not occur again, will check my settings to make sure it is set properly and not playing up as well and hope the pictures are taken and good to see as well.

8. Kyler

Kyler Active Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

Normally when you do a factory reset, or do anything that has nothing to do with hardware, the problem would be the actual software or operating system in your phone, or perhaps manipulated settings. If it does occur again without you changing any settings, it may be just hardware and you can take it to a shop to get it fixed, best of luck!

9. jfab

jfab Member

I agree with Kyler, a factory reset could usually fix this. But if it still doesn't work, better to send it to the store where you bought it and I hope that you have Apple care.

10. Kyler

Kyler Active Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

If he didn't have Apple care, oh that's awful. I know some people who jailbroke their phone and it was miserable, the phone got ruined and they couldn't fix it anymore so they can't go to Apple for it, because Apple wouldn't support the phone anymore. I think it could be the case with any, he better have Apple care, and a warranty would help.

11. Chloe Webber

Chloe Webber New Member

I suggest going into the Apple store and asking for advice. This would be the safest and quickest way of knowing exactly what is wrong with your phone.

12. sbatz72

sbatz72 Member

You might want to think of taking it to the repair shop. There might be something on or in the lens. This is something that you won't be able to see. You can also try cleaning the lens with a cloth.

13. linguini

linguini New Member

I had the same issue I tried deleting some photos thinking that it will solve the problem. The camera is unresponsive no matter how hard I try to tap on it. I am quite cautious not to reset it I fear that I might lose some saved data and files. I do not want to take it to a service center for privacy reasons. Any other options to make the camera work?