Call quality of Z2, as well as handling and screen

Discussion in 'Sony' started by geobingshoot, Jun 13, 2015.

1. geobingshoot

geobingshoot New Member

Can someone who personally owns the Z2 tell me how call quality (both ways), handling (particularly, one-handed usage) and color reproduction (specifically, whites and blacks) of the Z2 is?

Tell me anything else you like/dislike about this phone, and/or anything else I ought to know too. If I buy it this summer, I need to know if my $800+ were well spent.

2. Loading...

3. Totalarmordestine

Totalarmordestine Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

The call quality is great, but I rearly call. One-handed usage is good, but you need to have big Hands to reach the top of the screen. (I'm a 14year old boy, so I don't have that big hands :p) color reproduction is fantastic! However the X-reality tends to oversaturate Red and blue sometimes. The Black is fenomenal and white as well, especially when you get the feature to customise the whitebalance in the Settings menu.
    Personal pros: Extremely good Camera and battery life, it can hold for 2 days with Stamina Mode on. (my usage is: 1 hour intense graphics games, 1-2hours of music, and 4-6 Hours standby) I am a 14year old boy, so I go to school.
    My Cons: 4k overheat, after maybe 3min of 4k recording the camera overheats and shuts down, another thing is that the back panel tends to scratch fast!
    Overall its a great phone and a great multimedia centre, another thing is that the Speakers are super good if you are coming form a Galaxy S4.
    But it's a great device and it's totally worth the $800

4. tarverten

tarverten Member

The Xperia Z2 is a big phone. So one hand usage isn't possible for a person with small to medium hands.

The display has been a great step forward ! Especially after the disappointing display of the Z1. You can check a very detailed color reproduction and gamut review by Erica Griffin on YouTube.
    Just search Erica griffin Z2 screen review and you shall find it.

About being worth, Michael Fisher at PocketNow says its worth every penny!
    Now that's a tall claim for me who really never liked Sony's design ideology.

But as far as I've had my time with the Z2 I would say its a great phone.

5. blastguardgear

blastguardgear Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

Hi been using the Z2 for a few weeks now. Just like the rest of the threads it's a great phone, worth the dough spent. Only one gripe though, internal memory. A few hd games and its full. Only one thing to do, I rooted it. Now it's golden.

6. thepieeatingjay

thepieeatingjay New Member

Overall the experience is absolutely fantastic! I love the design and the feel of the device in hand. It is quite a large device but can just be used with one hand. The colour reproduction is very good. You could argue that the whites could be brighter and the blacks deeper, but that would really be splitting hairs. In my experiance the only thing against the Z2 is that it tends to heat up a bit, but I haven't had my device crash once so im not sure I can complain that much. I love it and think it's absolutely worth the ton of money it costs!