Blocking People... What Do They See? If Anything?

Discussion in 'LG' started by hunkydoire, May 25, 2015.

1. hunkydoire

hunkydoire New Member

I've been dealing with harassing phone calls from someone that I do not want to be in contact with anymore. My husband is saying that for my sanity, I should block him...the only reason I have NOT done so yet, is because basically I wanted to see what this person was texting (I wanted to have it on file if he threatened me or anything, which thankfully, he has not done).But, if I just blocked him, would he know? Or would it go right to voicemail? Or? And I assume I would then NOT be able to see if he did send me anything incriminating that I would want to save, just in case. I might end up having to change my number altogether. I hate when this kind of thing happens. Any advice? It was just a stupid issue, a friendship that went south, and he reacted badly to it, and calls me like 10 or more times in a row, over and over. How have you guys handled anything like this?

2. Loading...

3. teamxxlp

teamxxlp Active Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

It depends on how you go about blocking this person from calling and messaging you. If you use a blocking feature on your phone, then chances are that it just archives texts automatically and sends calls to voicemail. This means that you'll still have a record of everything, but you won't receive notifications for those calls and texts. If you do it through your carrier, then I'm not positive what happens as far as calls being send to voicemail or being blocked outright. I'd just block the person through whatever means possible and move on.

4. IcyBC

IcyBC Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I had to block my X once when he was bugging me day and night. His texts and calls didn't go through my voicemail or my phone at all. Oh and I have an iPhone!

5. guruofpc

guruofpc New Member

As far as I know if you block him you won't be able to read his texts. Unless there is some kind of an app that allows you to do so, but there is none that I am aware of.