Blackberry Passport

Discussion in 'Other Android Phones' started by GlacialDoom, Jul 12, 2015.

1. GlacialDoom

GlacialDoom New Member

Hot damn, this is a monster of a phone. I never thought that it was such a big deal as a phone, until I saw it in a guy's hand during one of my morning walks. It is absolutely HUGE, and I don't really find that a good thing. I'm mainly worried about portability when researching a phone, and I think that the Passport is too huge for ANYONE. I also think that it is quite hideous and that there is absolutely no point that there should be a physical keyboard on a touch screen phone, especially now, in our era, when even the Home buttons become touch-based.

Now, I can totally see that they tried to be original and to impress, especially regarding the company's situation at the moment. However, I find that it is just a simple hit or miss situation, and in my case, it fails to impress.

What is your opinion on it?

2. Loading...

3. teamxxlp

teamxxlp Active Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

It's not that large. The Passport is shorter than most phones but wider than them, too. The square shape is to optimize the keyboard usage because that's the best grip for typing. A physical keyboard makes plenty of sense for touchscreen devices, especially for power users. A keyboard-touchscreen device wouldn't exist if there wasn't at least some demand for it. People type faster on a physical keyboard even going up against the best touchscreen keyboards with predictive text. It's not a pretty device, but it gets the productivity work done.

4. GlacialDoom

GlacialDoom New Member

Ah, I see. Well, I guess it's not good to be too judgemental of a phone until you try it. Still, for me, it looked really huge, and I'm not sure if I'd like to own one of those. The physical keyboard doesn't necessarily put me off, but I don't really see any need for it, as I never have to type too fast on my phone.