Blackberry Is Good At Virtual Keyboard Technologies

Discussion in 'Other Android Phones' started by teamxxlp, Jun 3, 2015.

1. teamxxlp

teamxxlp Active Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

It turns out that Blackberry has made some great virtual keyboards in the past. The one on the Blackberry Storm 2 was pretty good, even though one of them featured a two letter per virtual button layout that somehow worked. The upcoming Blackberry Leap features a predictive keyboard where the predictions show up on the actual keyboard letters instead of above. That's nifty.

Perhaps there's hope for the company, but a virtual keyboard obviously won't make or break anything.

2. Loading...

3. seatones

seatones New Member

I always thought Blackberries had the best keyboards out of any phones, so I would agree with you there. Unfortunately, a keyboard isn't a big enough feature to draw in consumers on its own. Blackberries seem to be a dying brand of cellphones which is sad because they had some great features. I'm not sure if they are out of style, or not modern enough, but their popularity is definitely declining.

4. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

The physical keyboards on the BlackBerry devices are still to this day better than any touchscreen keyboard.

The trouble is, like you say, BlackBerry need more than a good keyboard to be able to compete in the mobile market these days and at the moment, they're still a long way off.

5. JohnBeaulieu

JohnBeaulieu Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

BlackBerry needs to innovate if it wants to compete. They need to invest in some serious R&D. They rested on their laurels and got passed up as a result.

6. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

For BlackBerry I think it's all about starting from scratch again. While they used to have a good reputation, that faded considerably as time went on and now even if they bring out the best device in the world, it's going to take a long time before consumers start to trust the brand again.