Best Twitter app for iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by cocolgooh, Jul 15, 2015.

1. cocolgooh

cocolgooh New Member

I've been struggling more and more with using the Twitter app with each update they do. It seems to get more and more sluggish and harder to actually communicate with people. It's a shame because it's one of the main apps I actually do use every day.

I was wondering if anyone could suggest a good alternative to the Twitter app? On desktop I tend to use Tweetdeck as I do have multiple accounts I run at the same time but since this isn't available for iPad anymore I've been at a bit of a loss for what to try as an alternative. Thanks for any suggestions.

2. Loading...

3. Danielle Davidson

Danielle Davidson Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I mean I'm sure if you look up Twitter in the app store then you will be able to find something else. I'm not sure if there really is anything else that would be as good as the app. I know that there other ways you are able to access it, but I just don't think there is a better app out there. Have you tried to delete and then reinstall the app? Sometimes that helps to make it work better.

4. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

My favorite Twitter app is Echofon. It's always been much easier to use than the actual Twitter app, and I've been using it for years. It worked on my iPod Touches just fine, with no issues. A friend with an iPad also used it, and loved it. Twitter is such an easy program, I have no idea why these companies have to make things so difficult with their apps. I've tried out many over the years, and Echofon ranks as #1 with me.

5. IcyBC

IcyBC Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I only use Twitter on my laptop and not on my phone or tablet. I just don't need the constant connection, and to tell the truth, I like Facebook better since my friends are more involved with me when I post something.

Diane Lane likes this.
  6. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I've loaded most of my twitter accounts up onto the new (android) Echofon app. I use it a lot to promote my shops, and unlike the official Twitter app, Echofon enables me to edit the tweets from my other accounts. That lets me switch accounts, and pull up the tweet steams from my alternate accounts, and re-post the links and pictures from those tweets, without having to use the RT function, so it doesn't flood one account with tweets from another, which looks bad in the stream.

IcyBC likes this.
  7. IcyBC

IcyBC Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

When I was still blogging on my own websites, I used Twitter like crazy, but it became so time consuming when I had to retweets for others. Most of my time online became like another job with social sites. I only do it for fun now. I don't like how all of these celebrities are also taken to Twitter to get attention :)