Best Place To Buy Cases

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Danielle Davidson, Jun 17, 2015.

1. Danielle Davidson

Danielle Davidson Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I love shopping, especially when it comes to buying things for my phone. Right now I have a lifeproof case on my phone, so I haven't been shopping for a new case. I'll also be getting a new phone four months from now, so I'm not planning on buying a case. So, I'm wondering where you guys buy your cases? I'm always looking for websites that I can find cool new cases on. Right now I've been using eBay and Amazon. They are good sites because you can find cases for great prices. So, what websites do you like to use to buy cases for your phone?

2. Loading...

3. IcyBC

IcyBC Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I bought many cases on Amazon both for myself and my children's phones! I like the fact that I can return them if something isn't right. I have also shopped on eBay, although it is cheaper in prices, many seller won't accept return and if they do, you have to pay for the return shipping which sometimes are more than the price you paid for the case.

I believe these two sites are the best places to buy from though! You just have to look around, compare, and make sure they meet your criteria!

4. Danielle Davidson

Recognized Member

I have to agree with you. Those are my favorite places to get cases from. I have ordered quite a few from Amazon. Like you said it's great because then you can just return the cases that you don't want. I actually didn't know that about eBay though. I've never really shopped there before. Only once, and never had to return anything. I'm glad to know that though. I'll keep it in mind when I am shopping.

5. AlexKid

AlexKid Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I've bought cases from both Society6 and Redbubble. Both sites provide some awesome designs by talented artists on a print-on-demand basis. Unfortunately, prices can be a little steep but at least you're not getting any generic looking cases. I've found a lot of these designs truly stand out, many folks have come up to me and asked me where I got my phone case from.

6. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I bought my first case when I bought the device, and paid more, because I loved the design. Since then I've bought them on eBay, and sometimes you do get what you pay for, because the designs do occasionally start rubbing off after a while. Some other sites where you can tap into original artistry for your cases are Etsy, Zazzle, and CafePress.

7. Danielle Davidson

Recognized Member

I have to agree with your statement. If you decide that you want to get a case and don't spend much, chances are that phone case is not good. I spent $80 on the case that I have on my phone right now. It's one of those Lifepoof cases, and it's great. I can take it with me anywhere and don't have to worry about it. With most cases, you have to worry about dropping it or water damage, but I don't with my case. I mean yes, it is a very expensive case, but it's worth it in the end.

Diane Lane likes this.
  8. Diane Lane

Recognized Member

That sounds nice, you have some peace of mind. I accidentally flipped my iPod Touch into the bathtub full of water before, when the cats had knocked it onto my towel without me knowing. Thankfully, it still worked, but only because I had great reflexes that day, and snatched it up before the water penetrated the device. If you're going to pay a lot for your gadget or phone, it might be a good idea to invest in a case like you have.

9. Danielle Davidson

Recognized Member

Wow, that is lucky that you were able to get your iPod in time. That would have stunk if you weren't able to save it. I had Apple Care when I dropped mine in water, so I was able to get it fixed. I sent it to Apple in the mail, and then they sent me back a new one. Well, it obviously wasn't new, it was refurbished, but still worked good. I think that if you're spending a ton of money on a phone that you should get a good case, because if it breaks then you're out a luck.

Diane Lane likes this.
  10. Diane Lane

Recognized Member

I probably won't have the tablet in the bathroom, so hopefully it won't get waterlogged, but I will most likely have it in the kitchen. I'm going to just try to be careful to keep it away from the sink, or any other liquids. I'm looking at some of the cases similar to what I mentioned on eBay, but sold here in the U.S., since I don't want to wait a month. If I get more money later on, maybe i can get a better case, but a cheap one will have to do for now.

11. Danielle Davidson

Recognized Member

Yeah, I wouldn't think that you would take it in their with you, but hey my sister does sometimes so you never know. Yeah, just making sure that you keep it away from water and all that is a good idea. My phone has been near water and had it on it, and it's kind of started to mess it up. So, now I'm very careful with it. My case on my phone is supposed to be Lifeproof, but sometimes it's not. I hate buying a cheaper case and then having to wait a month on it. It's terrible because you need it sooner than that.

12. Diane Lane

Recognized Member

I would take the iPod Touch in the bathtub with me all the time, because I play solitaire and other games to relax, but the tablet's a little too big for that. I know I'd drop it, so I won't take that chance. I'd never heard of the Lifeproof cases until you mentioned them. Something like that's not in the budget right now, but I think it's a good idea, especially if you carry the phone/tablet with you all the time, and are an active person.

13. Danielle Davidson

Recognized Member

@Diane Lane oh yeah, that is true! I wouldn't want to take that chance either because they are way to expensive to drop in the water. Yeah, they are good cases, but very expensive. It was a birthday gift for me when I got it because I wouldn't have been able to afford it. It is worth it because they will replace the case if something happens to it. The warranty is only a year which stinks, but hey at least they replace it. I had to replace mine once because when you aren't used to them they can be hard to get to turning off the sound, opening the bottom to charge, and also people have told me it's hard to text on because of the screen protector. Which is true because when I got it, I had a hard time typing on it. Well the place where you turn the ringer on and off was broken because my boyfriend bit it because he didn't know how to take it off, and they just sent me a new one free! So it was great. I have taken photos under the water with it too, and it worked fine. It was actually cool seeing the photos after.

Diane Lane likes this.
  14. Diane Lane

Recognized Member

Wow, underwater pics would be cool. I can't imagine doing that, because I live down the street from the beach, and could get some good pics. I would take my Touch into the water when I was down there taking pictures, but I can't imagine doing that with my tablet. Obviously your case is a good one. I'll have to look into them, not that I can afford one, but still, it sounds pretty interesting.