Best Feature?

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy' started by Danielle Davidson, Jun 12, 2015.

1. Danielle Davidson

Danielle Davidson Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I've had a Galaxy phone before, and I wasn't a huge fan of it. Then I saw the commercial for this phone and I think that it's the coolest phone that I've seen made by Samsung. I had the Galaxy s3 and I felt like there was a lot of problems with the phone and that there wasn't any cool features that really came with the phone. Is this phone completely different from the Galaxy s3? What are some of the cool features that the phone has? I saw how you can see notifications on the side of the phone, which I thought was pretty cool. Overall, is it the best phone that they have made?

2. Loading...

3. GavinGimbo

GavinGimbo Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

It is definitely the best phone they have made so far, unlike all the plastics all these years. Many people enjoyed the expandable storage and removable battery in the previous Galaxy line up, it no longer is the case as they have removed those features, which is the only downsides people have with the Galaxy S6.

Feature wise of the curve display, not much. There is a useful swipe from edge to view your favorite contacts, recent calls, show clock but other than that there's nothing really major. If you're getting the edge though, what you get is a very appealing display, the curve is the "wow" factor that many will see when you use it in public.

The camera is top notch, equal and better than the iPhone 6 and 6+. It is very fast. And yes, the Galaxy S6 is a 100x better than the Galaxy S3.

4. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

There's no doubt that the S6 edge us the best phone that Samsung have ever made, and if your looking for an android device then there's not a lot that can compete with it.

If your an Apple fan though, you'll find the S6 a lot different from the iPhone's so I think that will put a lot of people off switching.

5. GavinGimbo

Recognized Member

Agreed!

Well Danielle Davidson, let us know what you think. I'm curious to see your comments! Definitely go out and check the S6 edge in stores and feel it for yourself, so you can get your first hand impression.

:)

6. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

I think that a good idea when your looking at any any new phone. It's alright getting an idea of what other people think and reading reviews, but at the end of the day your the one going to be using it so it's always better to go and get a feel for the device yourself.

7. Danielle Davidson

Recognized Member

I mean I think overall it seems like this out actually be a really good phone. I had the Galaxy s3 and I got that when it first came out. It just wasn't like the iPhone that I love. I know that a lot of those phones have their fair share of problems. My dad and I both had the Galaxy Note also, that phone was pretty good
    Yeah I mean overall, it seems like it would be a really good phone. I had the Galaxy s3 and the Note, and I got those when they first came out. They were both pretty good phones. It just wasn't like the iPhone to me that I loved. I know that a lot of those phones seem to have their fair share of problems. My dad and I both had the Galaxy Note also, and that was probably the phone that I had the least amount of problems with. I'm sure that they are making these phones even better now though. If I do stop into an AT&T store though, I would love to check this phone out.

8. teamxxlp

teamxxlp Active Member

The biggest issue with the Galaxy S6 Edge is still its price compared to what you get above the normal S6. The edges look nice but provide minimal functional value, yet you pay a lot more for this version than the regular one. On top of that, repairs to the screen if damage occurs will cost a mini fortune themselves. Samsung should have added more features to the edges to make it a more worthwhile device. So it's a great device that doesn't offer much over the regular S6 aside from a noticeably higher price.

GavinGimbo likes this.
  9. GavinGimbo

Recognized Member

I know what you mean. The Galaxy S3 doesn't even look good anymore in 2015. But do check out the S6 when you can.

The Note lineup is great as well. Not my personal taste however!

10. GavinGimbo

Recognized Member

Totally. The prices are still real hefty here. If I was going for the S6, I'll make sure I get the wireless charger bundled with it, although Samsung does not provide this offer for every official region.

11. Kyler

Kyler Active Member

I don't necessarily think there's a "best" feature, but there are useful features. I mean the best feature could be subjective to whatever situation you would be at that time. Sometimes I need a flashlight, I would be so thankful for the flash in my phone. I sometimes need a TV remote, I have that in Samsung S4. Just know that the phone has enough for you to consider it as a good enough phone and containing best features at certain times.

12. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

The S6 Edge is definitely the best phone they've made and it's much better than the S3. It's overall the most powerful phone on the market and there aren't a lot of flaws with this device. I recommend you buy it if you want a new phone! :p

13. Danielle Davidson

Recognized Member

That is actually very true thinking about that now. It's kind of like the debate about what is the best phone that is on the market. You can't really say what the best one is just because everyone likes something different. If we all liked the same thing, then there would only be one kind of smart phone in the world. So yes, I do think that some features are better in certain situations than others like you said. I find myself loving the fact that I have a flashlight on my phone so that I can see in the dark. I use it a lot more than I thought that I would.

14. roarzie

roarzie New Member

Haha, I can relate to that. You never think that you might need to use a flashlight that often, but after you get a phone with a flashlight you realize how often you need it.
    The "best feature" is indeed relative to everyone's specific needs, but I guess that everyone, no matter what, enjoy having quality cameras on their phones and being able to take great pictures with it. You don't always get to carry your camera, so phone cameras are a great feature.

15. Danielle Davidson

Recognized Member

Exactly! I never used one before so I didn't think that I would need it. It's great knowing that I have one now though. It's amazing how good the cameras are on these phones. Like you said, you don't even need to carry around a real camera anymore unless you don't know how to use your phone camera. I have to say that I've been able to take some good photos with my phone. I like being able to go on vacation and then not having to take a camera, only my phone.

16. roarzie

roarzie New Member

Well, to be completely honest, you can't say that a phone camera has the same quality as an expensive DSLR, but for the untrained (like me), it is definitely good. We're taking photos for the sake of good memories, and not for the sake of being the most artistic photographers in the world.

17. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

That is correct for the most part but to be completely honest I played with a G4 a couple of days ago and the photos were really comparable to a decent DSLR so I'd say phone cameras have come pretty far.

18. sabb87

sabb87 New Member

I'm so glad that they now have a good camera on them. I used to have a G3 and it was my favorite phone ever. I really can't wait to get one for myself. Speaking of which, I should check for any deals on them. Have anybody heard of any great deals for Galaxy phones lately?