Best budget smartphone in the market today.

Discussion in 'Other Android Phones' started by geobingshoot, Jun 13, 2015.

1. geobingshoot

geobingshoot New Member

Well, I'm currently looking for a budget smartphone in the sub $200 range. I didn't want the Asus Zenfone 2 in my list because it is not yet available in my country. I mostly prefer a beautiful display with fast CPUs + 2gigs of ram and an average camera. Thanks for helping guys

2. Loading...

3. Totalarmordestine

Totalarmordestine Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

Would be helpful what country you live in as other suggestion may not be available either.

Below $200 price tag manufacturers which most of us will recommend you will sounds like Huawei, Xiaomi or Lenovo because haven't heard yet about 2GB of RAM in Sony, HTC, Samsung or LG below $200 (£130).

4. tarverten

tarverten Member

Yeah, I would recommend getting a Xiaomi or Lenovo phone if you can. They both make great spec phones for a excellent price.

5. blastguardgear

blastguardgear Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I also recommend the phones from Xiaomi, Huawei and Lenovo as they are the best companies which can provide you your specifications for the same price but you can also wait for Moto G 3rd Gen.

6. thepieeatingjay

thepieeatingjay New Member

A7000 is good enough on the paper but 2900mAh battery for 5.5" HD Display might be not enough to let you run through the day. Heating issues in heavy gaming seems to be true as SoC used in this phone is not for it, Mediatek MT6752 used in this device is for power-efficiency and not for hardcore users, but should be fine for Youtube, Browsing and simple casual gaming.

Other option which you should consider is Lenovo K80 (2GB RAM version as there is also 4GB which is more expensive) it is powered by Intel Atom Z3560 (exactly the same as Zenfone 2 ze550ml) and juiced with impressive 4000mAh battery capacity. In addition 5.5" full HD display and Lollipop out of the box.
    But it may not be released yet (Not sure about Asia but in EU nothing) but should be before end of June.

7. IcyBC

IcyBC Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

It is so hard to make recommendation when cellphone is such a personal choice. Have to take a look at eBay? Find a few to make a list to compare for yourself which one suits your needs best and post your list here so we have some ideas what you're looking at so we can make the recommendation.

8. Se7en

Se7en New Member

Throw in extra $50 and you get yourself OnePlus One for $250.

teamxxlp likes this.
  9. teamxxlp

teamxxlp Active Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

I'd actually have to agree on this one. If you want a sub-$200 phone, then you should pony up an extra $50 for something far superior to anything that's below that price point. The OnePlus One is a great device from what I've heard, and it's price is outrageous in the best way possible. An extra $50 is more than worth it here because you're basically getting a $500 phone if hardware and software are considered.

10. Katherine Jane

Katherine Jane New Member

If I were you, I'd pick Lenovo. It fits the range you want and it runs very smoothly. The features are great and the interface is fine too. Display-wise, Lenovo is wonderful. It may not be as expensive as Samsung smartphones but it offers an excellent performance as well (for an excellent price too!).

#9 Katherine Jane, Jun 26, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2015
  11. llfsa

llfsa New Member

I can also vouch for the OnePlus One. I got mine about 2 months ago and it's quite an amazing phone. The screen is big enough without feeling cumbersome and it's a very high quality display. Paired with a Snapdragon 801 no task is too much for the 1+1. Although it has been released in 2014 it's still a good investment as it remains on par with newer, higher priced phones. Battery life is also very good, rated at 3100mAh, it can last me up to 2 days.

12. kjonesm1

kjonesm1 Member

The LG Stylo is a bit above the range, but worth the extra $90. It has a great 5.7 inch display and 13 megapixel camera. It comes with a stylus pen, is lte and had a quad core processor. It boasts all the features of a flagship phone at half the price.

13. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25 Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I think Samsung offer really awesome but not that expensive smartphones. My mother has bought a Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime which is worth around $200 only. I would say its features are pretty good and you could easily navigate the phone.

14. briannagodess

briannagodess Member

I do agree with the poster above me, Samsung offers phones that are quite affordable but has good quality. My mother's Samsung Duos is a good phone for such a cheap price. She got a good camera which shoots clear pictures in daylight. She can browse the internet when needed. And she has the apps she needs.

15. AishaNegi

AishaNegi New Member

Hi Geobingshoot,

I think you should go for Gionee F103. This phone has been recently launched by the brand and is superb.It comes in your budget with awesome display quality and internal features.

#14 AishaNegi, Nov 4, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2015