Being optimistic when do you think Digital paper will replace traditional paper?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by geobingshoot, Jun 13, 2015.

1. geobingshoot

geobingshoot New Member

Now a days it cost huge.Not at all economical by any means.We see how technologies advancing and I am only 20 and i saw many things changes.In the last 16 years we have seen many changes to cellphones.We have seen wearables(smart watches mainly) coming to mainstream.We have seen technologies changing in basically almost everything.And it is getting better and better.
    When do you think it will happen? Just a rough guess of course :)

2. Loading...

3. Totalarmordestine

Totalarmordestine Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

Interesting question. In my opinion, I believe it would depend on the economic status of the country you are living in, whether it's third world or first world. Who knows around the early 2020's, schools would no longer need books, pens and paper. Students would be asked to bring their tabs or phablets to take down notes. Tests would simply be the giving of a word file or something where the students type their answers. Nobody really knows. Though, I hope not so soon. I kinda like paper

4. tarverten

tarverten Member

Interesting question indeed. I live in an LEDC where technology is still being discovered. However my school is an international one and many students from around the world attend it, and now trying to centralise tech at our school. A few years ago, I used to only take note via an exam pad, now half are being on my exam pad, half through my phone and even though it has an S-Pen, it doesn't feel like the real McCoy.

We have to think about how this is no perfect world and how resources are getting scarce, trees are a vital part to the eco system and are now becoming under threat from people trying to make an honest living, with "digital paper" this prevent a lot of trees from being cut down,thus not only saving natural habitats but preserving the O2 we breathe. It is hard to say when this will totally replace paper itself but it will be inevitable one day to have digital paper, maybe by 2040

5. blastguardgear

blastguardgear Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

It's coming soon. My unit is 70% of the way to becoming paperless. So in the next 40 years for most, but it will be a lot sooner for others.

6. thepieeatingjay

thepieeatingjay New Member

Humans will always have an affinity for physical property and a digital version of your favorite story just doesn't satisfy the same needs that a bound, unique, individual, and colorful copy does.

Diane Lane likes this.
  7. joshposh

joshposh Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I think there will never come a time when paper will go extinct. There will always be a need for it. If and when something disastrous happens, and all electronics cease to exist, paper will be the only document left to tell the tale.

8. Kyler

Kyler Active Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

To be honest, this is a really deep topic and I will have to say my thoughts. The thing is, people have this misconception that because things that could be more convenient, they will replace the ones that aren't. I don't believe so because it is clearly shown in a lot of technological aspects, it doesn't replace a lot of things. I think traditional paper is needed because there is a difference between seeing a literal letter.

9. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I agree with the latter opinions above, and I don't think electronic versions will ever fully replace traditional paper. I think there is a place for each, and in some instances, electronic versions might be better, yet in other circumstances, especially such as legal documents, I think there is a need for a paper back up. As we've all seen lately, it's simply too easy for electronic systems to be hacked, and data could be changed, so for certain items, it could prove devastating to not have a hard copy backup.

10. IcyBC

IcyBC Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I think paper version will still be in existence in some areas, and it won't totally disappear! Digital version will be in the majority, but some still prefer the physical impact of the paper version. Billings paper are disappearing slowly, but I see many other sorts of paper such as insurance certificates, proof of agreements, etc..