Beat Testing

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Danielle Davidson, Jul 11, 2015.

1. Danielle Davidson

Danielle Davidson Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

Did anyone else on here decided that they would try to Beta Test the new iOS 9 that Apple made public? This is the first time that they have ever done this, and at first I thought that it would be pretty cool. Once I downloaded it though, nothing changed. All the apps on there that were supposed to change didn't. I have even tried using them, but they still didn't work. I don't know if this is just happening because the new update just came out or not. So, I'm wondering if this is happening to anyone else?

2. Loading...

Similar Threads
    1. Danielle Davidson
      Replies:
      Views:
    2. MzzSarah5
      Replies:
      Views:

3. teamxxlp

teamxxlp Active Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

Are you sure you're using the Beta properly? It makes some noticeable changes to the iPhone 6 and iPad Air 2 along with other included devices. I messed around with it on a friend's phone, and iOS 9 is different from iOS 8 as soon as you download the update. The changes are most noticeable on the iPad, considering the multitasking features that are gained on that device. Has anything changed since you posted this thread?

4. Danielle Davidson

Recognized Member

Nothing that I have noticed has changed on my phone yet. All I did when I got told that they had the update was go on my phone and it brought me to the place that I had to download it. Then it downloaded once it got premission and restarted my phone. I just haven't seen the changes with it. I'm wondering if I should try it on my iPad, then maybe I'll be able to see if it's working or not.

5. IcyBC

IcyBC Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

Sounds like trouble to me :) This is one of my fears that after download a new version something isn't going to work. Since I am not techy, I will pull my hair out if it is happening to me. I hope things will work out eventually for your brave move.

6. Danielle Davidson

Recognized Member

@teamxxlp I just figured out the other day how to get the beta test on my phone and it's been working. I'm happy to say that I really do like the new update. The only thing that does stink about is it that it is pretty laggy. I'm sure that soon enough Apple will figure out how they will be able to fix that. I think that some of these new features are actually pretty cool.

@IcyBC Oh yes, it was trouble for the couple days that I couldn't figure out how to use it. Sometimes it does pay off to read all the instructions. I mean I like to think that I know a thing or two about tech, but sometimes like this I was very upset that I wasn't able to figure it out at first.

7. IcyBC

IcyBC Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

@Danielle Davidson I said you're brave! Two updates ago with Apple a few months back, I nearly went insane as nothing was working on my iPad. I went through a series of Reset to Factory many times, just to try to get it to work again. It was a nightmare. I wouldn't know how to figure out anything with Apple products.

8. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

Thank you for letting us know how the update works, Danielle! I haven't had a lot of time to play with the new iOS 9 but it seems pretty good from what I've read. Yes, it kind of lags here and there but it'll surely be optimized in the future.

9. Danielle Davidson

Recognized Member

Oh yes, there are a lot of lags that are on it. I just make sure that I tell them when something like that happens. I mean it does stink when some of my apps don't work. I've had a hard time with SnapChat since the update. The had us download another update so I'm assuming that they fixed some stuff on it.