Battery life on the Sony Xperia Z3 Compact?

Discussion in 'Sony' started by Susimi, Apr 25, 2015.

1. Susimi

Susimi Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

The big selling point for this phone is it's battery life of 2 days before needing a charge but I'm wondering if people actually are getting 2 days worth out of it? I understand different intensive use is gonna drain the battery a lot more than regular use but it's interesting to see how long everyone is getting from it before hooking it up.

For comparison I'm using an iPhone 4s and a maximum of 3 hours internet browsing was enough to drain the battery to 20%, prompting warnings to charge it.

2. Loading...

3. sazzydan

sazzydan New Member

I currently have this phone and think it is really good on battery life. Obviously is your hammering it with loads of music, downloads and heavy usage it affects it a lot, but if you are just using this phone for everyday use I tend to get around a day and a half before it is at twenty percent, which is when I charge it.

It is worth getting if you want a phone for the battery life.

4. Susimi

Susimi Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

My dad recently got it and I had a look at it today. He doesn't use it that much and charged it two days ago, and it still had 99% battery life on it. I am seriously impressed by it and I think it's sold the phone for me. Obviously the battery life won't be as good because I will likely be using it a lot, but 99% left from a charge two days ago? That's really impressive.

5. teamxxlp

teamxxlp Active Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

Unless he didn't touch the device, then I guarantee it wasn't on 99% after two days, even with the STAMINA mode enabled. Sony does, however, optimize its devices for battery life, and they sip energy as opposed to most devices that drain it fast. Sony's smartphones have some of the best battery life figures WITHOUT enabling STAMINA Mode (Sony's power saving mode). It can last over a day with moderate to high use in some cases without that mode enabled.

Most other smartphones NEED those battery saving modes enabled to get that kind of battery life. It's incredible on Sony's part.

6. Susimi

Susimi Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

He doesn't use it much but I took a look at it when he showed me it and it said 99% in the battery life display. I'm not disagreeing with everything else you're saying, just going on what I was told and saw.

Sony is great with the battery life of their phones. Do you remember when then Sony Ericsson released the W880i? I had the Walkman version of it and could squeeze about a week out of it without needing to charge it. Yeah it was much lower tech in those days but the battery life was still amazing.