Battery Life Issues

Discussion in 'LG' started by Miaka_M, May 6, 2015.

1. Miaka_M

Miaka_M Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

Just recently, my phone has been dying randomly. I don't understand why, but even though I charge my battery to 100%, it sometimes just shuts down on me without notice. I know that there is no water spills on it or anything along those lines. I have a heavy duty case around it and I hardly drop it; if I do end up dropping it, its not from a far distance of the floor. Does anyone know why this is?

2. Loading...

3. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

You may have a faulty battery, which is not that easy to detect. I recommend you talk to an LG official about your problem and maybe they can sort it out.
    Try to not use your phone that much, you may risk damaging it.

4. JohnBeaulieu

JohnBeaulieu Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

It has been my experience that batteries for these phones go out pretty quickly. I had one that would only hold a charge for an hour and it was on it's second battery replacement.

5. teamxxlp

teamxxlp Active Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

How old is the device? Lithium batteries hold a proper charge for 1,000 full charges and discharges, but they'll start to lose charges faster than normal after that. This can take anywhere from one to three years, depending upon how much of a power user you are with the device. If that time frame hasn't elapsed yet, then the battery is probably faulty and needs to be replaced.

6. JohnBeaulieu

JohnBeaulieu Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

Manufacturers usually only specify that a lithium battery will be good for 500 cycles. How many you will actually get is another story. A not so well known fact is that the lifespan of lithium-ion batteries are also limited by their manufacture date.

7. IcyBC

IcyBC Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

It seems like we all have problem with battery draining so fast! I had a Samsung Exhibit and my phone was charged up to 100%, and it died after a few touch. I bought a new replacement battery, and the same thing happened. I realize then that it has to do with the phone and not the battery anymore. They don't make phone to last nowadays!