Battery life goes down

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Guest, Mar 18, 2015.

1. Guest

Guest Visitor
    Visitor

I have been getting terrible battery life of only 5 hrs since the last time I dropped my phone.
    It<code>s a battery problem or should i fix the phone ? Don</code>t tell me that the only solution is to change it, please !

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Visitor
    Visitor

First you can replace the

First you can replace the battery so you can make a difference.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Visitor
    Visitor

You dont have to worry

You don<code>t have to worry about your phone, you don</code>t have to replace it. I dropped my phone last week, my battery life was at 6-7 hours (and i don<code>t use it frequently) and now it</code>s fine...
    Or you can take it to apple, and if there are no signs of major damage, don`t tell them you dropped it

4. devinametallic

devinametallic New Member

I thought any battery no matter what kind, if you charge it and use it, over time it'll get tired and old and just drain faster anyway. Maybe I'm wrong. LOL

5. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

Battery life does decrease over a period of time but not so much that you'd actually notice a major difference.

Most people will have a device for on average around two years and the constant use and charging of the battery will slow the charge down, aswell as also affecting the amount of time it lasts, but not as much as you'd think.

If the issue has only started since after you dropped the phone I'd be tempted to at first do a reset, turn the phone off and then give it a full charge, preferably over night. I'd install a battery app, such as battery doctor, this won't extend the the life of the battery but it can give you an in depth report if just what is using your battery and why.

Start there for now, let us know if it helps or if the battery needed replacing after all.

6. Leya_Knows

Leya_Knows New Member

I have dropped my phone before and haven't noticed a significant decrease in battery power. How often are you charging your phone? They say you should let your phone get to 10% before you charge it again. One thing that you can do is check to see how much data you are using. You can see that information under your settings>cellar. One thing that I do when my battery is getting low, I take location services off and turn off wifi. If you aren't using it turn it off because those run in the background and use up a lot of battery power. I hope that helps.

7. jfab

jfab Member

Just buy a new battery. Charging it all the time will only worsen the case.

8. Chloe Webber

Chloe Webber New Member

iPhone's do have a tendency to drain battery quite quickly. Obviously the more frequently you use it, the quicker the batter is going to drain However, the more you charge it can also cause the battery to drain quickly. Every now and then you should allow your iPhone to completely run out of charge, and let it reboot. But the older the phone gets, the quicker the battery drains anyway It's just one of those things.

9. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

As with any smartphone, the battery life is a major issue for most people. There are various threads around the forum with tips on how to prolong battery life, and they're not exclusive to an particular platform.

These can be applied to any device from any manufacturer.

10. Danielle Davidson

Danielle Davidson Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I know that I also have a problem with battery life, but it may not just be a the fact that you dropped your phone. I know that when my data is being used, then my battery life of my phone really starts to drop. Another issue I have is if there are apps running the background. When they are running the background they are still being used, which means it's really taking a lot of energy from your phone. There are ways that you can fix this though, you can just turn off your data if you want to keep your battery life up. Or they also have some apps you can get in the app store that help with battery life. I don't know how good they are, but I'm assuming they must be pretty good.

11. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Well you are wrong to assume @Danielle Davidson, haha...welcome to the forum by the way.

The apps on the store that say they improve battery life, in my opinion do no such thing. What they can do that helps, is show you exactly what apps are draining your battery the most, and shut them apps down for you. While this does save you some battery, it doesn't exactly extending the life of the battery.

12. Danielle Davidson

Danielle Davidson Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

Yeah I mean I wasn't sure because I have never used an app like that before. I mean that would be a pretty good app to look into though. I know when I have my phone one thing I like to make sure is that the brightness is down so that I don't have to worry about the battery draining too fast. I think that it would be smart to get that app though if you are concerned about your battery life draining too fast.

13. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

When it comes to these apps, well, any sort of app to be honest, is the fact that they're free. It won't cost you anything or do any harm to download them and check em out for yourself.

If they don't work or your not keen, then it's easy to get rid aswell so you don't have anything to lose really.

14. JayWifi

JayWifi New Member

I don't think dropping your phone could affect the battery. If anything will affect the battery, it would possibly be water damage. I have an iPhone as well and the battery drops very fast. That is just how iPhones are.

If you feel you are having short battery life, try shutting off apps and keep your phone on standby with wifi off whenever you're not using it.

15. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Clearing apps that run in the background is something that a lot of people don't do, they just think that it's enough to leave the app on standby but if you do that, the app is still consuming your battery.

Short battery life is an issue with most devices these days, not just iPhones so it's important to do everything you can in order to get the most out of your phone, while turning off services such as WiFi, May not be ideal, I think it's something more and more people are having to do.

16. linguini

linguini New Member

How long have you had this phone with you? I am pretty satisfied with the battery life of this phone. After a long day I can say that there is still about forty percent remaining of the battery hours. Maybe you are a heavy user and the longevity of your battery does not solely depend on that one instance dropping it