Battery drains from 100% to 60% in minutes

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy' started by Beny, Mar 31, 2015.

1. Beny

Beny Member

Guys, I have a question about my S2. When ever I charge it to 100% and then I shut down , 10 minutes later I turn it back on the battery drains till 65%-50%. I should keep it turned on if I want to avoid the battery drain .
    Any way to fix this ?? Thank you ! ;)

2. Loading...

3. Serpes

Serpes New Member

Beny it is not normal for your battery to go down from 100 to 50% with your phone off. Did you do a software update? Try charging your battery with your phone off until it says fully charged and then open it. Use the battery manager to make settings and expend your battery life.

4. joshposh

joshposh Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

If it's not a lithium ion battery, it could have a set memory because you didn't discharge it the first time. A new battery may be in order.

5. kofter128

kofter128 New Member

Look in the battery menu under Settings to see if any particular app is draining your phone. If you don't find anything there, download the app WakeLock Detector and let it run for a day, then see the results, again looking for an app that has higher CPU usage than it should. Lastly, if you can't resolve the problem this way, I suggest a factory reset, look it up, and decide if you're up for it. I'm giving you these tips because while a new battery isn't expensive ( a new S2 battery is around 20$), it could be a software issue and getting a new battery wouldn't help. Try these things out;)