Auto brightness issue on S6 Edge

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy' started by Blingtron5, Apr 8, 2015.

1. Blingtron5

Blingtron5 Member

Has anyone else experienced this brightness issue with the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge?

Screen becomes dimmer than normal and makes the white to have a yellow tint to it while Auto Brightness is turned off.

I am not sure what is causing it, but I did check in the display options and ti was set on Cinema because is the one I love most.

This is a strange behavior and I am wondering if this is caused by some software or Android Lollipop itself.

Any thoughts?

Mohammed and oldman47 like this.
  2. Loading...

3. oldman47

oldman47 Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

Yes, I noticed the same problem on my Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge when I was taking pictures on a sunny day.

Not sure what is causing it either, but hopefully it will be fixed with an update.

4. Mohammed

Mohammed Member

I'm not sure where I read it, but this is a known occurrence on this phone, so there is nothing wrong with your S6 Edge.

I will check my history on the browser and will give you the link.

5. Rediculous

Rediculous Visitor
    Visitor

That's such a Dumb comment. Yes there is something major wrong with all s6 edges. They all have the same dimming problem in dark areas without having the auto button pushed. The s6 doesn't have this problem, we all have a 1000 dollar phone that is completely FUCT up and samsung is claiming that they are unaware of any problems. The fact that the regular s6 doesn't have this problem is odd. How can they fix this with an ota update. This is a hardware problem with the sensors. Every edge sold to this day is a dud

6. Alex

Alex Visitor
    Visitor

Same thing here. My s6 edge is also with the same bug. I returned today, never again samsung, they don't recognize this as an issue so they will probably not fix it.

7. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

This didn't occur to me, you probably have a faulty device. That usually happens when the devices are still newly-made but I'm sure Samsung is going to replace your phone.
    If Samsung isn't willing to help try to find something on xda about your problem.

8. Alex

Alex Visitor
    Visitor

It's not faulty it's a common bug for all the s6 edge. So even if you don't know you have the same issue as well. You can only underscore understand this if you compare with a s6 in a dark room. The s6 flat is 50% brighter than the s6edge. Samsung recognized the issue anyway.

9. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

Auto brightness seems to be an issue on a lot of devices, not just this one. I always turn this function off anyway, and just have ny screen set to as low as it can possibly go, that saves battery life, and solves the auto brightness problem aswell. While it's not ideal, and that function should work correctly, I think it's easy to see why it doesn't.

10. Kyler

Kyler Active Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

Yes, this issue isn't something new. In fact, a lot of devices have the same issue. I know for sure that even Samsung S4 and S5 have the same issue. The problem is that a phone or a "smartphone" can sometimes be stupid as to determine all of the environments. I don't think it's possible for it to be absolutely smart, which is why they built in a function to manually adjust the brightness. Perhaps in the future it will be fixed.