Are you dissapointed that the S6 isn't waterproof?

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy' started by Industry Post, Apr 23, 2015.

1. Industry Post

Industry Post New Member

Apr 23, 2015
    Doesn't it feel like the developers took something away from the phone by removing the waterproof feature? Sure, the curved edges are cool, but a waterproof phone can be really convenient. What are your thoughts on this?

2. Loading...

Similar Threads
    1. Giovanna
      Replies:
      Views:

3. chevypowell

chevypowell Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator

Feb 9, 2015
    Male
    Knowledge Seeker
    I agree with you . Although it's body metallic .I believe it's secretly waterproof

Kyler likes this.
  4. Kyler

Kyler Active Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

Apr 23, 2015
    Male
    I'm a bit disappointed, but after all it might be a little bit waterproof, but be careful with it because it might not be as much as the other versions. As chevypowell showed you above, it's quite unique. I wouldn't advise anyone to do it but if you want to try, you might want to do it in a correct and recommended way. Although, I don't see why anyone would want to do it :/

5. Rubik1

Rubik1 New Member

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    I am a little disappointed but as I am currently using a S5 it has not been an issue for me quite yet, if I did end up upgrading to an S6 I would for sure get a waterproof case as my phone not dying after being hit by some water.

6. Kyler

Kyler Active Member

Apr 23, 2015
    Male
    All you've got to do is make sure you're not misusing it and be careful around wet areas eventhough as the video shows above it might be "secretly" waterproof. But no need to be disappointed as I'm sure you can take care of your phone.

7. Rubik1

Rubik1 New Member

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Yeah I suppose you're right, I've never had a situation where I've needed my phone to be waterproof but it's just one of those just in case things for me.

8. Kyler

Kyler Active Member

Apr 23, 2015
    Male
    I see, It's just fear and anxiety I guess. It's natural and normal to have that, but just try to ignore it and remind yourself, is it really necessary?

9. kofter128

kofter128 New Member

May 5, 2015
    Male
    All my life I've gotten used to protecting my phone from water, but with the S5, I kind of got used to not worrying about it. This one time my roommate was doing the dishes and I casually put my phone in the water stream of water to see what would happen :D and that was the first day, needless to say, my roommate freaked out a little but the phone of course was fine. As I've gotten used to the S5 being waterproof, It would take me some time to get used to the fact that the S6 isn't, but it's not something so bad. I'm looking forward to the upgrade nevertheless.

10. rschlm

rschlm Visitor
    Visitor

Frankly, I'm not disappointed at all since I haven't had much use for the waterproof feature. I don't bring my phone in the middle of water-related activities since I want to have the most fun I can with family or friends nor do I bring my phone in the bathroom.

11. GenevB

GenevB New Member

May 12, 2015
    Male
    To be sincere, I'm actually disappointed that it isn't bulletproof. At this point of technology, with new features coming out every day, they should've added more new features instead of removing old ones, in my opinion a water proof phone can be very handful, especially if you like listening to music in the bathroom or using the phone when raining.

12. teamxxlp

teamxxlp Active Member

Apr 22, 2015
    Male
    Samsung definitely made a mistake in not making the device as waterproof as past iterations of the Samsung Galaxy S smartphones. It's something that a lot of people appreciated because it meant that light rain and accidents with water didn't matter as much to those device owners. Far too many people get water damaged devices from random situations that involve only small amounts of water. The water resistance makes a difference for so many users.

13. vegito12

vegito12 New Member

Apr 20, 2015
    Male
    Tv Ad extra
    New Zealand
    I reckon the costs could of been higher, and many people would not want to pay the higher costs if the waterproof was in the phone and maybe it would of taken the time to put it in the phone. I think it is important to keep the phone away from water, and try and not drop it in the water or it will stop working or may get damaged badly and not be fixed due to the water. It is something to think about and also, water can ruin a phone if not careful and a person needs to think where they use the phone and keep it away from the rain if it does rain.

14. teamxxlp

teamxxlp Active Member

Apr 22, 2015
    Male
    People wouldn't have to worry about water or rain if the phone was water-resistant, though. That's the point. Samsung changed its flagship so much that it alienated a large portion of users that WANT IP86 standard protections. In fact, a lot of people would have been willing to pay a little extra for those features. It could have been implemented, even with a premium design.

15. GavinGimbo

GavinGimbo Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

Jun 8, 2015
    Male
    Sri Lanka
    I'm not really disappointed. I anyway don't expect to put my device under water or anything. But I do believe that Samsung has done a well job in terms of upgrading their design. Metal is the way to go for a premium smartphone. Also, even if they opted out waterproofing, I believe they might have internally secured with a nanocoating process, just like on Motorola devices.

16. run2live

run2live New Member

Jul 10, 2015
    Female
    I saw recently that AT&T is releasing an "active" version of the S6 that is supposed to be waterproof. I'm on Verizon, so I chose to upgrade to the S5 instead so I could have the waterproofing feature. I wish Samsung would insist all carriers allow the full range of features for their phones, because Verizon limits its products severely.