Are there touchscreen issues?

Discussion in 'Other Android Phones' started by GavinGimbo, Jun 13, 2015.

1. GavinGimbo

GavinGimbo Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

Hi guys!

So I've seen on Reddit that many complain about the touchscreen of the OnePlus One. Reports say that after months of use their phone starts to act up, having ghost touches which makes the phone useless.

OnePlus plans on releasing a firmware update with an updated Synaptics touchscreen driver but many still yet to see this update.

For people who have this phone, can you confirm whether you have these issues? I would really like to know.

Thanks in advanced!

2. Loading...

3. Se7en

Se7en New Member

No issues, also no issues with friends 1+1's. One had problem with dropping it on floor and it didn't want to turn on or charge. Had to buy different phone, as waranty didn't cover that.

4. GavinGimbo

Recognized Member

Sounds good to hear. I think I'll wait for the OnePlus Two since that's around the corner.

When it comes to warranty, I believe it is difficult since the company is not very international? RMA if something happens will be a pain to ship to the other side of the world and vice versa.

5. Se7en

Se7en New Member

Yeah I know, but I think that phone had factory error, because normally, if you drop your phone from 20-30 cm, it should still work. But it didn't. After he contacted them, they said repair would cost around 120€, after he contacted them again, the price was even higher...

6. GavinGimbo

Recognized Member

Inconsistent repair pricing? Well, that's just bad customer service.

I've heard many complain about RMA and warranty so I'm not really surprised.

7. llfsa

llfsa New Member

I have yet ran into any issues, but I am concerned that the probability of it happening is gradually increasing with time.

8. GavinGimbo

Recognized Member

And what makes you think that? I'm curious.

9. llfsa

llfsa New Member

Just the fact that there have been numerous reports of touchscreens that stopped working, others that had yellow tint on the bottom. Not to mention the shady reputation their support service has.

GavinGimbo likes this.
  10. GavinGimbo

Recognized Member

Let's keep our fingers crossed that you're one of the lucky ones who won't have any issues.

Yeah I know. Many have mixed comments. So I've made a conclusion to avoid One altogether. Hopefully they will improve with the Plus Two.

11. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

I think when a device comes out it's going to have a few issues that can usually be fixed via updates that are released. This is when the reliability of the manufacturer comes in and if the issues aren't resolved it can severely impact on the sales of future releases.

12. llfsa

llfsa New Member

Never had any issues regarding the touchscreen but I do wonder how many users were affected by this epidemic. Still, I am glad OnePlus managed to fix it.