Apps on your iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Danielle Davidson, Jun 28, 2015.

1. Danielle Davidson

Danielle Davidson Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

When you get a phone do you like having a lot of apps on it or a little? I find that for me personally I don't like having a lot of apps on my phone. It actually seems like they take up a lot of space on your phone. I know with the Samsung Galaxy phones that they will slow down if you have too many apps. I've never heard of that happening with an iPhone, and I'm glad. So, do you have a lot of apps on your phone, or only a few?

2. Loading...

3. llfsa

llfsa New Member

I have roughly 200 apps on my 64GB iPhone 6+. I also had about the same amount on my 16 GB iPhone 5 although I wasn't able to store any music or videos in there. I don't use them all the time, I love having the apps available at my fingertips! Each one serves a practical purpose for me. I am a news junkie and don't keep any music or movies on my phone.

4. Danielle Davidson

Recognized Member

Wow, that's amazing that you have that many apps on your phone. Without all the ones that were uploaded on my phone before, I have like many 20 apps. I'm not huge into apps because I don't really have any that I like to play. Most of the apps on my phone are social media apps, and I enjoy going on those. I have an iPad that I will put my apps on. It's great because then it will take up less space on my phone.

5. IcyBC

IcyBC Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I don't have a lot of apps on my phone since I don't have a lot of room on it. Once in a while, I go through my phone to see which apps have not been touched for a long time and removed them. The less I have on my phone, the better as I don't like clutter. I only have two apps to make money with, two apps to save some money; other than these, the other apps came with the phone like Facebook and such.

6. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

I also tend not to have many apps on my phone, I think at last count I had about 20 also, but a few of them were already preloaded onto the phone anyway.

The amount of apps on a phone is going to vary considerably from one person to another, depending what you use your device for. With the amount of storage available now on most phones not being an issue, it's simply going to be down to personal preference what you put on there.

7. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I like to have a lot of apps on my phone, that's why I bought the 128GB variant. I don't know, some of them I may never use but it's better to have them on my phone in case I need them. Better safe than sorry!

8. Danielle Davidson

Recognized Member

I have thought about buying that, but I'm sure that it's so much more than the 16 GB. I mean that is so much space, that I wouldn't even know what to do with it. I like my phone, but I can't wait to upgrade and I'm sure that I will get more space with the next one. I am happy that Apple is now stepping up and making more space in their phones. I always hated that they didn't have many GB for their phones.

9. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

To be completely honest I might have splurged money on the 128GB for no reason. I personally think that 64GB is a really great fit, even if you like to install a lot of apps like I do.
    I also have a lot of music on my phone.

Danielle Davidson likes this.
  10. Danielle Davidson

Recognized Member

Music and the apps on your phone can take up a lot of the memory. So, I can see why you would want to make sure that you got a lot of space on your new phone. I looked them up, and that was a lot of money! Haha. So, I don't think that I would spend that much money on a new phone just for the space. I don't have that many songs or apps, so it's not a huge deal if I don't have that many GB.

11. KatyCat

KatyCat New Member

I thought the same thing. I have had nothing but Android phones since I started using smartphones, so I thought that I could get away with the 16gb model.

Now, I'm kicking myself, because I really don't have the space. My previous phone had the option for additional storage, so I guess I never really thought about how much space I actually used. I also had a 4G dedicated phone, but I have never used as much data as I do with the iPhone.

As a result, I've started trying to store more and more things on my phone so that I'm not relying on data. I can barely keep a handful of apps, maybe a couple dozen photos, and a few hundred songs, and then it's full. I used to have my entire album on my Android, plus an app for every mood and situation, plus an entire library of songs at my fingertips.

I should have gotten the bigger one. If anyone is considering getting an iPhone, get one of the bigger ones. Sometimes, being frugal is more than just saving money.

12. Danielle Davidson

Recognized Member

@KatyCat I know sometimes it might just be better to spend some more money and get the 32 GB phones that they have. I never realized how much space photos and songs can take up on your phone. That's the only downfall with Android phones, you get used to having all that space and being able to get more if you need it. I wish that Apple would do something like that, but they never will. They will just tell people to buy more storage with the Cloud. Yes, that's why sometimes you can't be too frugal when it comes to phones if you know that you need a lot of space. If so, then just get one where you can add more space.

13. Lawrencevr

Lawrencevr New Member

On my last phone, a Samsung, I was very conscious about my usage, so I deleted any app that I did not use almost every day. When I upgraded to the 64GB iPhone 6, I found that I felt much more comfortable with space and that a whole bunch of apps didn't slow anything down. In fact, when my phone got stolen and I had to settle for a 16GB iPhone 5, I felt like the interface was way too empty and that it needed more apps. I had gotten so used to having so many apps that it felt wrong having not enough - exactly the opposite of what I felt with the Samsung.

14. Danielle Davidson

Recognized Member

Oh yeah, I have also heard that sometimes the phones will get slow if you have too many apps on the Samsung phones. Right now I still have enough space in my phone until I'm able to get a new one. That's why it's nice when you have more space on a phone, you don't have to worry about using it all up. Oh wow, that is awful. I'm sorry to hear that. Oh yeah, I'm sure that it was a big change having to not have all those apps anymore. That would really stink.

15. Lawrencevr

Lawrencevr New Member

Yeah I was quite heartbroken! This was about a month ago, but I'm over it now and I'm pretty happy with the iPhone 5, actually. How long have you had your 6?

16. Danielle Davidson

Recognized Member

That's good that you are happy now. I sadly don't have the 6 :( Right now I have the 5c. I'll be getting the newest phone that is out though in a couple of months. My contract is almost up.

17. ElegantMew

ElegantMew New Member

Personally I like to keep my phone rid of too many applications - especially since I know I will just not use most applications I would mindlessly install. Having too much unnecessary applications such as games and random utilities just degrades performance, and I like to have my devices for a long time without constantly running into issues, forcing me to get replacements/repairs. I am not the type of person to constantly be looking at my phone, therefore I can perfectly live with just a few applications, maybe a game or two, to get me through the day.

18. Val

Val New Member

I have the same habit of keeping a low amount of apps on my iPhone. I find that having too many apps makes me feel cluttered and unorganized, especially since they take up so much space. The apps that I keep are ones that I use regularly or apps that I know I will need. I only keep about less than 20 apps on my phone at a time. I know some people use a lot of apps for games, coupon codes, etc. but I find that I can find most of that stuff on the internet (which is already on every phone) or on my laptop.

19. anorexorcist

anorexorcist Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I don't have a lot of apps on my phone, I used to have a lot of them before: games, wallpapers, alarm clocks and a lot of unnecessary stuff for me. Now I only have the indispensable apps, it's more comfortable to me this way!

20. Danielle Davidson

Recognized Member

Yes, I think the same thing. I don't like my phone being cluttered, and have to have a certain amount of space on my phone. I always go on my boyfriends phone and delete things that he doesn't need. I always ask of course before I delete, but he's like a hoarder because of all the things that he keeps on his phone. I do have an iPad so that I am able to keep more apps that I want on there.