Apps for conserving Battery life

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by introspectivgroup, May 10, 2015.

1. introspectivgroup

introspectivgroup New Member

I think that apps are causing my phone to die early. There are so many of them to choose from and it is really hard to tell which ones I need and which ones I do not. I did find this battery app that helps to conserve the life of your battery it is pretty cool. I have it for Iphone and it works! Just type in Battery Saver in the Apple App store and you should see it.

2. Loading...

3. anurag

anurag New Member

I've tried them all. After a month or two, your phone will start lagging and stuff. My advice is to uninstall all this crap because if you have a phone that runs 4.0 or higher, there is no need for added software. They are just a waste of space and battery.

4. Susimi

Susimi Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I'm a little hesitant with battery saving apps as they seem to drain more from the battery rather than conserve it. The latest Xperia series has in-built battery saving features that I think is a pretty good idea. Having options to save battery life as a stock option is much more appealing than having to download one separately, I feel.

Do you have an iPhone 4s? I have one and I've found that using any sort of app really drains the battery out of it. I did a test once where I used it to just browse the net and from fully charged the battery was down to just 20% within 3 hours. I don't really rate the battery life as good.

anurag likes this.
  5. introspectivgroup

introspectivgroup New Member

I have an Iphone 6. I honestly cannot completely tell if it i helping to extend the life or not. I heard about this on a podcast and decided to try it. I do not use it consistently, so maybe that is the problem.

6. Susimi

Susimi Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

Maybe make a comparison? The 6 has an option to show battery percentage, right? Use that and then do a two week comparison test. One week using the battery saving app, and another without it, writing the battery percentages down before you go to bed and then compare them once the two weeks is up. Bit of a boring test I know, but it would be interesting to see the results.

7. GenevB

GenevB New Member

If you are really running low on battery and need it for later in the day when you expect a call, the best way to conserve it's to put it on airplane mode.

8. joshposh

joshposh Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

So you're saying that you have too many apps on you phone and that's why your battery is dying quickly? Now you are asking for another app to help to conserve battery life? Isn't it obvious you are running to much apps and you are going to add more? Sounds counterproductive you think?

9. IcyBC

IcyBC Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I don't use this type of app. To conserve the battery life on my phone, I just adjust the brightness, uncheck all the apps that I don't use, and exit ones that I just used!

10. Susimi

Susimi Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

It's what I do too with every new phone I get.

I also go through and delete all of the pre-stocked apps and software that I don't need or won't use. Might be worth seeing if there is some stock app that is constantly running in the background as that could be making the battery life a lot shorter.