Apple Music

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by snowmanpoint88, Jul 4, 2015.

1. snowmanpoint88

snowmanpoint88 Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

Has anyway tried Apple Music on their 4s yet? I just updated my iOS last night, and I got my Apple Music. I signed up for the free three-month trial. I guess it's okay. It has a lot of songs in it. I actually think that it's much better than Spotify because it doesn't have ads. I guess it wouldn't be so much fun once the trial has ended.

2. Loading...

3. IcyBC

IcyBC Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I haven't update my phone to the latest 8.4 but someone in this forum just said that there is the Apple Music with this version. Personally, I am not huge in to this music part of thing. Don't get me wrong, I love music, but I only listen to it from YouTube. I can't afford to buy music.

4. snowmanpoint88

snowmanpoint88 Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I also love listening to music on YouTube. Well, the good thing about Apple Music right now is that it is free for three months. If you ever decide to try it, make sure that you turn off the auto-renew once the three-month free trial expires.

5. Susimi

Susimi Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I haven't tried it and I doubt I will try it. It's a good way to listen to music with a limited storage space on the device but you could also listen to music via YouTube without any charges other than data, which is what I mostly did with on mine.

6. Danielle Davidson

Danielle Davidson Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

@Susimi I'm the same way, I like the way that I am able to listen to music now. I have Beats music, and it costs the same, so why would I switch to the Apple Music? I just didn't get how you are able to use it because I don't understand how you can get all that music on there. Does it download the music that you like from Apple Music? Sometimes I will use YouTube just because it's cheaper than having to go and buy the song that you want from iTunes.

7. Susimi

Susimi Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I'll admit I haven't looked too much into Apple Music but it probably works in pretty much the same way as any other music streaming site; you pay for the songs you want and then they are saved to your account so you can listen to them whenever you want. You still download them to listen to them, but it works the same way as youtube, it's a data download and not a file download.

8. Danielle Davidson

Recognized Member

What is so great about this? I mean I'm honestly curious about it because I don't understand why people would want something that they can just get someone else cheaper. I get that there are a lot of loyal Apple fans and they will get it, but for others of us who aren't like that? Right now I use Beats music and it's costs the same, but not everyone in my family has an iPhone. I mean I just feel like Apple hasn't really come out and said what it's going to be like

9. Mabel

Mabel New Member

Hi,

I am a newbie here.
    I am also currently testing the free trial version of Apple Music. Not very impressed by the user interface, but love the "for you" section where I already discovered artists that I knew nothing about and now love.
    The thing is, i hate it that Apple Music only works with Apple devices...I currently own a android phone and although they say that Apple Music will be available on android also, I think it is going to take a while until then.
    However I found a tool, that it is supposed to be able to transfer Apple Music songs to android devices also and you can listen to them offline (something that Apple Music also offers)

10. Danielle Davidson

Recognized Member

So, overall is it nice to use, or not? I mean I see that you liked one feature, but would you suggest it to other people? I haven't tried out the free three months just because I'm worried that I will be charged once the three months is up. I mean it does sound cool, but doesn't make me want to switch. And yes, I'm sure they will take their time when it comes to getting the Apple Music on Androids. I just haven't been hearing a lot of good things about Apple Music so it made me wonder how good it really is.

11. Mabel

Mabel New Member

IMO it is ok, but just that at this point, as I said the UI is a little bit clunky and I don´t like it very much, they complicated things, rather than keep it simple and clean. If you like streaming music and you used other services you can not avoid comparing to the services like spotify, tidal etc :) I like that you have the option of downloading the music from Apple Music also, for while you are offline. Overall, I will definitely use the service until the trial period ends. In order to avoid being charged after the 3 mths are over, you can deactivate automatic renewal in your settings :)

12. Danielle Davidson

Recognized Member

Huh, that is weird that they wouldn't make it simple. It seems like when they try to make something, they make it simple that's basically how they are able to make their money. Maybe that's why people aren't using it, it's not simple. The downloading music offline isn't something it's new, you can do that with beats music. I use that and I'm able to download the songs so that I can listen to them and not use the LTE. Oh wow, that's good. I'll have to try it on my boyfriend's phone first so that I don't have to worry about the charges :p

13. turtledove

turtledove New Member

I don't really plan on trying it out. I read a few reviews, and most people said that it was majorly bugged and overall a bit cluttered. I'm pretty happy downloading music for now, or using Spotify for streaming.

14. Danielle Davidson

Recognized Member

Oh wow, I hadn't read the reviews so I had no clue. It was nice to know that though, now I don't think that I will be trying that out. I like what I'm using right now much better.