Apple Care

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Danielle Davidson, Jun 14, 2015.

1. Danielle Davidson

Danielle Davidson Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I know that when you get an iPhone that you are supposed to get Apple Care for it. I don't know if I have ever had it though. I honestly think that it's a waste of money if you don't usually have problems with your phone. I know that it's a smart idea even if you don't break your phone because then it will be insured, but it's a lot of money. I had it on my first iPhone, but I never have serious problems with iPhones. Apple is usually pretty happy to help you even if you don't have Apple Care. So, what do you guys think? Do you think that it's worth it to get Apple Care? Or can you live without it?

2. Loading...

3. IcyBC

IcyBC Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

Apple Care, is that the same thing as buying extra insurance for it? I haven't have it and don't plan on to any time soon. If I pay $600 dollars for a phone, I might! It is a lot of money for a product without protection.

4. Danielle Davidson

Recognized Member

Yes, it's essentially the same thing. The only problem is when you try to bring your phone to a provider they will tell you that they can't fix it. They won't fix it and they will tell you that you have to send it into Apple. I mean you can pay less money for an insurance plan with your provider, but then they will tell you that they can't do anything about it. So, it's basically a waste to even get a phone with some kind of insurance unless it's with Apple Care.

IcyBC likes this.
  5. IcyBC

IcyBC Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I am with T-mobile forever now, and when I bought my first smart phone, I did buy insurance through T-Mobile affiliate. We paid like $5 extra dollar per month for three phones, and every time my kids' phones had trouble, we took it in to T-mobile and they gave them a new one.

I don't think they have this sort of service anymore!

As for Apple Care, this piece of information is important for me to know! I am slowing switching over to Apple products.

6. Danielle Davidson

Recognized Member

Yeah, we used to also have pretty cheap insurance with AT&T. Then it started to go up more and more. They actually send us this thing where the newer phone that you had, the more they would charge for the insurance. It just seemed so crazy to me. So then we stopped using the insurance. We usually have some other phones laying around the house in case something bad happens to one of our phones.

7. IcyBC

IcyBC Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

What is more crazy is that the new phones usually come with one year warranty from the manufacturers, so if you buy the three years plan, it is often a waste of money and useless. By the time the phone reaches three years if it ever could, bad things start to happen, and then you find out that your insurance is not good anymore. It happened to me for other electronic devices, which in turn just plain bad!

Diane Lane likes this.
  8. Danielle Davidson

Recognized Member

Yeah, and that's what stinks. I mean sometimes I just think that it's a waste of money to have the plan anyways. I mean unless you know that you will damage the phone then it's a good idea to get the insurance for your phone. What I usually do is keep the old phones that I'm not using anymore. That way I won't have to go out and buy a new one when the company doesn't want to replace my phone. In a way, it just seems smarter to me to do that. I would rather not have to deal with sending the phone in and all that. Because if you have an iPhone that is what they will make you do. And that's just as hassle because then you're out a phone while Apple figures out if they're going to give you a new phone.