Any idea why they named it 5C?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by linguini, Jul 31, 2015.

1. linguini

linguini New Member

I know Apple had adopted this naming convention on their phones but have you really wondered what is the reason behind the letter C on this smartphone name? What does it stand for?

C for Cheap?
    C for Color?

What do you guys think?

2. Loading...

3. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I figured the C stood for Colorful. I wouldn't say it's cheap, because it's still costly, and many seem happy with it. I doubt Apple would attach 'cheap' to any of it's products, but colorful is something that many might be drawn to.

4. sbatz72

sbatz72 Member

I think the C for cheap is a great idea. I do not think there was a lot of money, tie and effort that went into the 5C and after using mine for a couple weeks, I am a little disappointed.

5. Susimi

Susimi Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I think they named it the C because of all the different colour configurations you could get it in.

That' what I heard about it anyway, could be totally wrong though!

6. linguini

linguini New Member

Oh I see. what made you feel disappointed about the apple 5c is it because of the colors and the plastic material they used? I was not satisfied with the iSight camera though, if it is not because of the 8mp I would have been very disappointed with it. I think the camera came in a bit simple for my liking as I want to do a lot with it.

7. IcyBC

IcyBC Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

Yeah, the 5C is for the varieties of colors they have and it is for Verizon provider. Personally, black or white color is just fine for me, although I have a weakness for deep purple color. I think purple is the best color of all :)

8. Val

Val New Member

Well, at first, I thought the 5C represented color or colorful as that was the whole point of the line. But after hearing more about the phone, it could be for cheap. The actual iPhone itself is an iPhone 5, not an iPhone 5S. The colors attached to these phones aren't exactly costly and don't really provide much sustenance. I always thought that it was a pointless line, you could get a case that is $10, less or more, that is the same color and cover your phone with it. Also, those who had the 5C had to get cases that would cover the color anyway.

9. Danielle Davidson

Danielle Davidson Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

Well they had the C because it meant colorful, obviously because these are the only phones they have made with color. I think that it should stand for cheap like you said lol. They were made very cheap, I have to agree there. I think that was the one thing that they did wrong with the phone and that's why they didn't see the sales that they wanted.