Anorher day, another update...

Discussion in 'HTC' started by pwarbi, May 15, 2015.

1. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

It seems that recently, every morning I wake up to yet another update from HTC.

This isn't a complaint by the way, I think it shows that HTC are obviously working round the clock at improving their devices and software, what I will say though, is that there never really appears to be any difference when you use the device after the update.

Has anybody else experienced this? While I'm sure the updates are vital, what are they actually doing? Are they security updates or just bug fixes?

2. Loading...

Similar Threads
    1. Miaka_M
      Replies:
      Views:

3. teamxxlp

teamxxlp Active Member

HTC has dropped the ball on updates in the past, so I'd take it as a good thing that you get so many updates. I'm not sure about the specifics of the updates. I'd still say that's a good thing, too, whether you notice major changes or not. They could be improvements that don't show upfront but prevent problems from arising elsewhere. As long as the update doesn't break anything, then I'd call it a win. I'm sure there are differences there outside of what we notice performance-wise.

4. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Well they're certainly taking the update issues seriously now. It's not just the new phones either which is pleasing, for example the HTC ONE M7 is receiving the updates aswell and that device is three or four years old now.

More manufacturers need to follow their example, and keep their long term customers happy, instead of just concentrating on the new ones.