Android security for tablets

Discussion in 'Android Tablets' started by Guest, Mar 18, 2015.

1. Guest

Guest Visitor
    Visitor

hello,

I want a good free Android security for my android tablet. It`s a Lenovo IdeaPad B8080, 10", Snapdragon Quad-Core MSM8228, 2GB, 16GB . Bitdefender is a good idea ?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Visitor
    Visitor

Not bad. But I use

Not bad. But I use something else. Avast Mobile Security and Antivirus offers excellent malware protection and it`s easy to navigate .

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Visitor
    Visitor

I have Lenovo IdeaPad B8080,

I have Lenovo IdeaPad B8080, and I use AVG Antivirus for Androidâ„¢ tablets, it`s
    essential for your mobile. Look why :
    <strong>Antivirus</strong>
    Blocks viruses, spyware, & other malware
    <strong>Online Protection</strong>
    Scans websites, links, & downloaded apps
    <strong>Anti-Theft</strong>
    Finds, locks, or wipes your lost deviceOh, and it`s FREE ! and you can download AVG Cleaner for Android to get your device running smoother,clears out the things that you just don't need, like unnecessary apps, cache and histories.

4. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

When it comes to tablet security, there's so many on the market now it seems that everybody has a different opinion on which to use and why.

With a lot of the apps found on the app store you'll probably find that they're all as good as each other, it's going to be down to trial and error to which one you find most comfortable to use.

Personally I've chosen to use 360security for all my tablets, not because it does anything the others don't, it's simply because it takes up less space on the memory than all the others and it's very simple to use.

Diane Lane likes this.
  5. jesuslover0314

jesuslover0314 New Member

Whether you care about my opinion or not, I like Avast mobile security. It offers the latest updates and keeps everything you have safe and away from hackers. Avast offers so many amazing features that you probably never even knew a phone could have. Highly recommended, you should try it out. :)

6. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Avast is another well established security app that's proved to be popular with smartphone and tablet users. You only have to look at the number of downloads on the play store to see how popular it is.

It's a question of just finding the right one for you and seeing which features you need the most.

7. snowmanpoint88

snowmanpoint88 Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I use AVG Antivirus. It's pretty good, and doesn't eat up much space. I used to have Avira, but I decided to try something new. I don't really download that many applications or other files on my tablet, so I am not worried about virus. Still, I love AVG. The feature that I love the most is the thief capturing feature or whatever they call it. When someone tries to access your tablet and they enter the wrong pin three times, then their photograph will be taken and emailed to you. I don't know how many times I caught my 3-year old nephew who likes tapping on my tablet.

Diane Lane likes this.
  8. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

I think quite a few different devices now incorporate that feature. On mine now, if I enter the pin number wrong 3 times it takes a picture with the front facing camera.

Needless to say this is a good thing. But the amount of times I've took a picture of myself after a few beers on a night out is unbelievable!

9. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I don't have a tablet yet, and haven't even considered security for it. How does it work, is it a standalone program you buy, or do y'all usually buy one for the computer and they throw in a mobile/tablet option? Any idea about prices, and how long do the services last?