Android 5.0 OS affects my apps

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy' started by Sabin, Mar 26, 2015.

1. Sabin

Sabin Member

I think I have done a big mistake after update Android 5.0 OS on my S5 . Now my battery goes down faster and my phone keeps deleting ringtones from zedge app . My apps run slow, my camera and other apps like Facebook also... Where is the problem, what can I do ?
    Thanks in advance !

2. Loading...

3. PulkitGoyal1997

PulkitGoyal1997 New Member

Maybe your phone is loaded with junk files. They are created when you install an app and then uninstall it.
    I'd suggest downloading cleaning apps like CM Security. It will delete all the junk files on your phone
    As for the battery, you can download CM battery. It is the only app that will stop apps without you having to do it manually. You have to set the CM app as an administrator though.

4. teamxxlp

teamxxlp Active Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

You don't need to download a battery management app or anything like that. Factory reset the device, and I guarantee you'll see most of these Lollipop issues disappear. Since it's been a couple months now, I'm assuming you already found a solution to your problem. Did you wind up factory resetting or flashing back to Android KitKat?

5. GavinGimbo

GavinGimbo Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

The best thing that you should do is after every new heavy Android update is to factory reset it (like teamxxlp) advised. Lollipop is fairly new and there are bugs for sure as I've experienced in another Galaxy S5 device. But a factory reset did solve most of the problem. What you can do is wait for Samsung to send out an OTA to fix such bugs.