Almost switched to Apple

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kjonesm1, Apr 16, 2015.

1. kjonesm1

kjonesm1 Member

I have had Iphones in the past, but am a die hard Android user now. I almost considered switching when the Iphone 6 plus came out, but decided against it. I swear the guy with the British accent who does the voice over for the launch must be a hypnotist. Did anyone go from Android to Apple with the 6 plus?

2. Loading...

3. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

The iPhone 6+ really looks awesome and I was tempted to buy one too, but I think I'll stay with Android for the moment.
    iOS seems too locked up to do anything really.

4. Bogdana

Bogdana New Member

I like iPhone 6 Plus design, it really looks awesome, but I am also on Android now :)

5. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

I did the opposite, was an Apple user for a number of years and then switched to android. I have no intention of switching back, android is the future of the smart phone, Apple are always going to be fighting a losing battle until they un tie their phones from iTunes. And that's somthing they'll never do.

#4 pwarbi, Apr 18, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2015
  6. Bogdana

Bogdana New Member

I agree!

pwarbi likes this.
  7. t0rnad0

t0rnad0 New Member

I had the HTC One M7 before switching to the iPhone 6 Plus. Probably the only thing I miss with Android is being able to customize pretty much whatever I want. Other than that though, the 6 plus is an awesome phone and I don't think I'll switch back to Android any time soon.

8. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Has what's been said on a couple of other threads on the forum, I think pretty much any smartphone your looking at getting, everybody can make a case for all of them. I mdont think any of them are bad, it's just what suits you personally and I went from Apple to android simply because I hated being tied to iTunes.

That's not to say the iPhone's are particularly bad, because they're not, they're just not for me anymore.

9. devinametallic

devinametallic New Member

You've made a great decision. I have made a poor one in the past with the iphone 5 now I'm just waiting for my contract to be over so I can go back to Android.

10. teamxxlp

teamxxlp Active Member

Most people that switch from Android to Apple seem to love the iOS ecosystem and experience. I can't blame people for that because the UI is quite intuitive, although customization is obviously lacking. I've almost switched to Apple at various points in time, but I still like the stock Android experience more than anything else that's out there.

11. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

In my opinion I don't think many people that switch from Apple to android end up going back. I know I certainly won't be anyway.

You realize just how limited the iOS is when you compare it to the android system. Maybe if Apple did something about that then people may be more inclined to switch.

12. jfab

jfab Member

I've been an Apple hardcore fan since. I actually got the iPhone6 Plus and I'm glad I did. I love this new version and I have no regrets of buying it.

13. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

And that the good thing about a forum such as this one. There's a thread on most of the phones that are available at the moment, and so people take their pick and stand by their decisions.

14. IcyBC

IcyBC Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I was an Android users for year, and then I inherited the iPhone 5! On the creativity side and making money side of things, Android provides more opportunity to do so then the iOS

15. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Like I've said, it would take something extra special from Apple now to tempt me away from android, I have to admit. I think a lot of people that made the switch would say the same aswell to be honest.

iOS is feeling and looking outdated now and it needs a complete overhaul in my opinion.

16. Danielle Davidson

Danielle Davidson Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

What was it that made you not want the iPhone 6? I know that the Android phones are the very good phones, and I know it's also based on personal preference. I think they are both great phones, but why did you decide to not go with the 6?

17. AlexKid

AlexKid Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I own both Android and iOS phones because I'm a developer. But if I had to be only in one camp, I would definitely go with Android. Apple's ecosystem is rather closed and it's neither ideal for developers and users alike. Android is not perfect either but I'm betting that it will still be around 5 years from now and beyond. Also, plenty of the newer Android phones are really amazing and provide good bang for the buck.

18. briannagodess

briannagodess Member

I had been an android user before. I love that I was able to customize my icons and create cute themes for my phone. I also loved how all applications back then are free and there are a lot of games to choose from. It is also quite easy to download videos. The only problem is that the response of the screen is very slow.

So when I switched to iphone, I was shocked to see that the response of the touch screen is very fast. I love that there is no lags even if I run multiple applications which sometimes happen with my android. I have not tried any other phones as of the moment.

19. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

In my experience between iOS and android, when it comes to speed and usability, the specification of the device, I found it to be the other way round and android just had the edge over iOS.