Google’s new Android O is doing pretty well right now, seeing that its third developer preview is already live and ready for testing. While the OS certainly needs a couple more previews before officially being rolled out in the shape of a final version, if Google keeps up the good work, the new operating system might even come earlier than September, which means it will certainly beat Apple’s iOS 11 to the punch.
While Google didn’t release an official list of changes that the third dev preview has, a hands-on testing video revealing the new features has already appeared on the Internet. You can watch it below.
Let’s have a look at the new changes introduced by the third developer preview of Android O.
- The new OS now appears as Android 8.0.0 in system setting instead of Android O. This means that we will soon also find out what the ‘O’ might stand for. Many see it’s Oreo, but we’ll just have to wait and see.
- The clock app has a new icon and theme.
- The icons for Wi-Fi and mobile data have now swapped places to their original positions in the Notification Center.
- Battery Settings now comes with a pretty little animation that can also be observed in the video above.
- There is an extra icon shape option for Pixel users, namely ‘Teardrop’. This can be selected from the Pixel launcher.
- A defined icon to swap between front and back cam has now appeared in the Camera App.
- The Action Center will let you know about apps running in the background via notifications.
- Last, but not least, music album art now appears in your notification banner and Lock Screen, which makes your device look really nice.
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting products and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.