Since it was introduced for the first time to the public on October 6 by Panos Panay – the Vice President of Microsoft Surface – Microsoft Lumia 950 and 950 XL stole our curiosity because of its new features. Some of the interesting features of Lumia 950 and 950 XL are:
1. There’s a heat sink planted inside to reduce the heat from processor. This is a part that we’ve never seen on any other smartphone.
2. The continuum feature allows you to experience a full PC when it’s connected to doc continuum. This is a new category and it’s impressing.
3. 20 megapixel camera. Lumia is well-known for great quality camera, which also is the legacy of Nokia, and Lumia 950 and 950 XL are no exceptions. This Lumia series comes with the best camera in its class, with the following specifications:
- F/1.9 aperture
- 1/2.4-inch sensor
- 1.12-micron pixel size
- ISO up to 12800
- Zeiss optics
- 5th generation Optical Image Stabilization
- Triple LED natural flash
- 4K video recording
- Rich Capture automatically chooses the best camera mode
- Completely new color processing algorithm
Of course, we are curious about the photo quality result by this camera. Let’s take a look at Lumia 950 XL macro photo, which was posted by Juha Alakarhu, the lead on Microsoft’s camera technology via his Instagram.
As quoted from Windows Central.
“…..The photo seen below is a macro of droplets on a leaf and it sure is impressive. Between the color, detail and sharpness the photo looks like it came from a DSLR instead of a smartphone.”
I think it is the best macro photo taken with a smartphone ever. Good job Microsoft.
Source: Windows Central
The other news: Former Apple Creative Director Joins Huawei