Some Steam users reported that they’ve got an error message right after they logged in, and the error message is “Steam friends network unreachable”. If you are getting the same message and you are not sure what to do, try the solutions listed below.
See also: How to appear offline on Steam
Steam friends network unreachable – How to fix it
Before you move to the solutions we have listed below, make sure you have a good internet connection. Most of the time, the error message shows up because the user has connectivity issues or the Wi-Fi connection keeps dropping. You may restart your router/modem to eliminate some bugs or issues.
Other things you can try:
- Close Steam Client and launch it again
- Restart your computer – whenever you have some issue on your computer, restart it because the restart closes processes and apps that could be causing the problem,
- Opt out of Betta programs – to do this, open Steam, login, click on the Steam button then click on Settings. Click Change (located under the beta participation heading and then select NONE-Opt out of all beta programs.
- Delete Steam Cache and Cookies – launch Steam, click the Steam button, then click Settings. Click on the Web browser option on the left, and as the last step, click on Delete Web Browser Cache and Delete all Web Browser Cookies buttons.
- Change in the properties – Find the Steam shortcut on the PC, right-click on it and select Properties. Next, click the Target window and add –nofriendsui > click Apply and click OK. If that didn’t work, go back to the Target field and add -nofriendsui -nochatui, click Apply, and finally hit OK.
You may also read: How to share games on Steam