Apple is releasing the official and final version of the Watch OS 5.1.3 as well as the iOS version 12.1.3. These firmware updates effective today and should be reaching your devices later in the day or should have reached already. There are some interesting improvements brought about in the new version apart from addressing some issues that the device users had flagged. The OS versions have been available in the beta version for some time now. Possibly those who had downloaded and used the beta version would have raised any issues they had encountered as well.
Some Known Bugs Fixed
Apple adds a note to the firmware updates so that the customers will be aware of what changes have been made. In the case of the Home Pod, a couple of bugs had been reported.
- One related to the voice assistant SIRI which suddenly stops listening to your commands. It appears as if the device has hanged. The other update is meant to fix the issue of the Home Pod suddenly stopping and restarting
- For the iPhones and iPads, the version 12.1.3 is now the stable official one and this has been in the beta version too. Some of the reported bugs have been fixed.
- One bug has to do with the photos sections where the scrolling of photos in the section was malfunctioning
- iPad Pro (2018) had flagged the issue in their devices of the audio getting distorted when they tried using an external audio input device; Apple says this has now been fixed
- CarPlay systems were reported to have an issue where they can’t connect to models like the iPhone XS Max, XS and XR
- With specific reference to the Apple Watch, the update Watch OS 5.1.3 is more in the nature of a regular firmware update; there is no highlight like the last update where Apple added the ECG feature to the Apple Watch; a recent report had brought out how a man got saved by his Apple Watch warning him of having a heart issue and he rushed to the medical facility and got treated
The updates are being rolled out today, January 23 in the US and elsewhere.
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting products and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.