Spotify is among the most popular music streaming services, and it is available on various platforms. Even though it works amazingly most of the time, an occasional bug is completely normal. And one of the things that may bother you is Spotify crashing. We are going to share a few tips on what to do when that happens, so let’s jump into it.
See also: How to fix Spotify error code 3
Tips to fix Spotify crashing issues
Follow the tips below to get rid of Spotify crashing issues:
- First, log out of Spotify and force close the app on your device. Launch the app again and log in.
- Restart the device on which you are using Spotify
- If you are using Spotify on your mobile device, switch the internet connection. If you have been using Wi-Fi switch to mobile data or vice versa
- Check if Spotify is down – while this doesn’t happen frequently, even the most popular services may go down, Spotify included. Go to Downdetector and see if there are any issues with the service.
- Get the latest version of the app – make sure you have the latest version of Spotify. Go to the app store for your device (Google Play Store, App Store, etc.) and get the latest version
- If you are using an Android device, clear the cache for Spotify – Go to Settings > Apps > Spotify > Storage > Clear Cache
- Delete Spotify from your device and install it again – remove the app from your device, head over to the app store for the device you are using, download and install Spotify again.
These are the most effective tips when Spotify is down, so make sure to try them out!
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting products and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.