Apple had launched the iPhone 8 just a couple of months back. It is true that smartphones will get sluggish after some time due to various reasons such as memory being used up, software crashes, problematic apps etc. If you have been coming down hard on your iPhone 8 with its storage or some other things then it is likely that your phone will get slow. Here is how to speed up the iPhone 8.
Read also- How to Enable Night Shift Mode on iPhone 8
How To Speed Up The iPhone 8
Restart Your iPhone 8
Many small software errors and glitches are fixed when you restart your phone. When your phone starts again you may find it running just fine.
Clear Website Data and Safari History
When the cookies, history and browsing data gets cleared your phone may begin to work faster. Here is how you can do it:
- Settings > Safari > Clear History and Website Data >confirm by tapping on Clear History and Data
You should also clear the browsing history in other browsers that you may be using.
Close the Apps Which You are Not Using at the Moment
When we don’t close the apps they keep running in the background. As you click on them they will open on the same page as you left them – ready to be used. Apps that are running in the background continue to send and receive data which uses data and energy of the phone.
While several apps running together in the background make the phone slow, what would make it worse is when they crash in the background. This will cause other apps to malfunction and drain the battery of your device quickly.
Steps to Close the Unused Apps
- Double-tap the Home button to reveal the App Switcher and display all the apps that are open momentarily
- Swipe up the apps which you wish to close
- If the apps are no longer displayed on the App Switcher then you know they have been closed.
Check Crashed Apps
You can locate a crashed app from
Settings > Privacy > Analytics > Analytics Data >LatestCrash
Check for a crashed app using this process to determine which the crashed app is. Reboot your iPhone to solve the problem of crashed apps and speed up the iPhone 8.
Reset iPhone 8 Settings
Resetting your iPhone will help to speed up the iPhone 8. When the iPhone 8 is reset it will not erase any personal data on the phone. It will restore all the customized settings to its original factory defaults. Things such as setting up Wi-passwords, selecting the choice of background, ringtones etc. will need to be personalized again.
Here is what you need to do:
- Open Settings on your iPhone 8
- Then go to General
- Scroll down to Reset
- Tap on Reset All Settings
- You will be prompted for the passcode if you have set any
- You will be prompted once again for Reset All Settings
Your screen will display a progress bar and once the process is complete your iPhone will restart automatically.
Clear Your Storage Space
If your iPhone shows low on available storage then it may perform sluggishly. Besides, you will also be unable to download more pictures, apps, updates, music or videos. You can fix this if you follow the below steps:
- Go to Settings > General > iPhone Storage
Here you will be able to see what space is left in the memory of your iPhone. If you see less than 1 GB space available then you know the cause of your phone performing slow. Clean up some storage to better your iPhone’s working.
Delete unused apps from your iPhone and transfer all the videos to a different storage space such as your laptop, computer or a USB device. You can do the same thing with your music and other stored documents.
Ensure Your Phone is Updated
Apple ensures that it releases continuous updates so that all the bugs and small issues are kept in check. If you are running an outdated version, your phone will show performance issues. When your device is updated it will help to speed up the iPhone 8. There are two ways in which you can update the software of your iPhone 8:
Update iPhone 8 from iTunes
- Connect your iPhone to a computer/laptop using a cable
- Go to iTunes
- Tap on the Phone button towards the upper left-hand corner of iTunes
- Tap on Check for Update
- If there is an update available click on it to download and install
Update iPhone 8 from Settings App
- Go to Settings
- Tap on General
- Scroll down and tap Software Update
- If there is an update available you can click on Install Now to initiate the process.
Turn Off Background App Refresh
If you have permitted a specific app to download information even if it isn’t open on your device then the app continues to work. If there are too many apps that have Background App Refresh permission then your apps will continuously consume data to download new information. This also eats into the battery life. Turn it off for some apps. Here is how you can do it:
- Go to Settings
- Tap on General
- Then Tap on Background App Refresh
- Toggle the button beside the apps for which you want to turn off the Background App Refresh. The toggle button will be grey if the function is turned off for that particular app.
Now that you know how to speed up the iPhone 8, use these tips to improve the performance of your phone.
Read also- Pros and Cons of iPhone 8 And 8 Plus
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting products and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.