How To Solve “No Sim Card” Error On HTC One M7
HTC One M7 is one of the best smartphones that HTC launched, that is packed with top-notch technologies and components, including a quad-core processor and stunning design. However, some flaws are also there as they are on other smartphones and the most encountered flaw by the users is “No sim card” error on HTC One M7.
Many HTC One M7 owners have complained that they are getting an error message about the SIM card. The card is not detecting by the phone and its showing “No sim card” message on their phone. “No sim card” error on HTC One M7 is most likely caused because of poor contact between the phone and the SIM card. Here are some steps to solve the issue.
See recent article: HOW TO SOLVE WIFI CONNECTION ISSUE ON HTC ONE M7
Potential solutions for “No sim card” error on HTC One M7
- Try another SIM card on your phone just to check if the SIM card that you use is working fine. If another SIM card works normally, contact your carrier and ask for a new SIM card.
- The SIM card tray of HTC One M7 is at the top left side of the phone. You will need to insert a paper pin or SIM card ejector pin in the hole to pop out the tray. Sometimes “No sim card” error occurs if the SIM is not seated in the tray correctly. So make sure that the SIM card is seated properly and insert the tray again.
- Try to clean the gold contact on the SIM card gently using a microfiber cloth and alcohol. Before you re-insert the SIM, let it dry completely and also make sure that the tray is cleaned, that there is no dust or debris.
- You can also add a small piece of card or one or more layers of tape at the other side of the SIM card without gold contacts and then insert it again. Sometimes because of a loose connection between the phone and the SIM card “No sim card” error on HTC One M7 occurs.
- Get a small transparent Tape. Cut it according to the Sim card orientation of the HTC One M7. Place the sim card over the tape and neatly place the sim card with the tape on the Sim card tray. Although this is not a permanent fix, it is very effective. However, at some point, you will encounter a drop in signal.
- If all these steps do not work, contact the retailer or carrier and ask for a replacement.
Related post: How To Solve Headphones Issue On HTC One M7