How To Solve Error Message “Index Service Has Stopped” Problem On Galaxy Note 3
The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 was launched in the market in 2013 and since then it has been favored by a large number of consumers because of its unique features and design. With the Galaxy Note 3, Samsung integrated the convenience and portability of a smart phone and the large screen of a tablet. However, there are also some issues with this phone. A lot of users have been complaining that they are having an error message, “index service has stopped” problem on Galaxy Note 3. This message pops up very often on the screen. Some users said that they could get rid of this message by clicking on it, and can then continue using their Galaxy Note 3, whereas some other users said that, their Galaxy Note 3 freezes when the message pops up, and they need to reboot the phone.
The error message “index service has stopped” problem on Galaxy Note 3 is related to certain files, and occurs when you insert a Micro SD-card on your phone that has many PDF files or photos on it. A corrupted file could be the reason behind this error message. If you can find out which particular file is causing the error message, then removing that file can solve the problem – however, finding the file is like searching for a needle in a haystack.
Potential solutions for error message “index service has stopped” problem on Galaxy Note 3
1. Turn off your phone and take out the SD-card.
2. Backup all the files from the SD-card onto your laptop or computer.
3. Now re-insert the micro SD-card into your Galaxy Note 3 and turn it on.
4. Open Settings on your phone > Storage > Format SD-card (you may need to do this step twice).
5. Now you can copy the files from your computer by connecting your phone with the computer using a USB cord. Make sure that the micro SD-card is empty and then start transferring files and other data onto it. Transfer the files in small group and keep an eye out to see if there is any warning about an incompatible file. This way, you can identify the culprit if the “index service has stopped” message occurs again.