Kindle is an e-reader designed by Amazon and is perfect for those who like to spend time reading. You can search, buy and download e-books, magazines, and newspapers on your device and save them in the Kindle Store. You can store around 1,400 books in it. Those who love reading and have a circle of friends and family who love to read too can share their books with them. Here is how to share books on a Kindle.
A Kindle is somewhat like a tablet to look at and along with a screen also has a virtual keyboard that lets you look up the internet or with which you can perform simple web related activities. The device has been developed with features that assist in reading such as clear fonts, adjustable text size, ability to read even in daylight, long battery life which could last about a month, automatic bookmark and much more. It is quite easy to share books on a Kindle through Family Library. While sharing a book the members can read the same book at the same time without causing an interruption in each other’s progress. Books can be borrowed for as long as the members like. The borrowed books can be read on different versions of Kindle.
Before the members can read the books or you can share books on a Kindle you would have to give access to the family members to your Family Library. Here is how you would have to do it:
Before you begin, remember that the adult or child to whom you would grant access to Family Library should have an email account with Amazon. Create one before proceeding.
Steps to give access to others
- In your Amazon account go to ‘Manage Your Content and Devices’ section
- In the ‘Household and Family Library’ look for ‘Settings’
- Under ‘Settings’ click on ‘Invite an Adult/Invite a Child’
- Let the adult/child enter their email and password of Amazon
- Finally, click ‘Yes’ to permit your account and the adult or child’s account to share payment method.
- Select the books that you would like to share with the adult/child and also let the adult/child do the same for you.
- Click on ‘Finish’
- You can let two adults and four kids share the books from your collection. You can select all or just the ones you want to share.
Once the adults and children are added to the Family Library of your Kindle and they have been granted access to share your earlier purchases. You can now lend them the new ones too:
- In your Amazon account go to ‘Manage Your Content and Devices’
- Under ‘Your Content’ select ‘Show Family Library’
- Here select the book/books that you would like to share with a family member and then ‘Add to Library’
- Select the family member you wish to share and then click on ‘OK’
If you wish to share books on a Kindle with those who are not in the Family Library then there are some important points that you should remember:
- A Kindle book can be lent to someone just once, after that it just gets locked in your library.
- Any reader who borrows a Kindle book from you has just 14 days to read it. After that, the access is over.
- A borrower doesn’t actually have to own a Kindle to read the book but would have to download the Kindle app to read it on his/her own device.
- In the 14 days that you have lent the book to a friend, you wouldn’t have access to read it.
- All Kindle books cannot be loaned. There are some publishers who don’t permit lending.
How to share books on a Kindle from ‘Manage Your Content and Device’s Page’
You can share a Kindle book from your library without having to visit the Kindle Store. Here is how you can do it:
- Go to ‘Manage Your Content and Devices’ page once you have logged in your Amazon account
- Besides the book title that you wish to lend there is an ‘Actions’ button
- In this ‘Actions’ select ‘Loan this Title’ option
- Write down the email address of the person who you wish to lend the book to
- Click on ‘Send Now’
How to share books on a Kindle from ‘Product Detail’ page
You can easily share books on a Kindle from the products page in the Kindle Store. Here is what needs to be done.
- Go to the Kindle Store and write down the name of the book title that you wish to loan.
- Click on the book you want to lend from the list
- Click on ‘Loan this book’ on the product page
- You will then be directed to the ‘Loan his Book’ page
- Enter the email address of the recipient
- Click on ‘Send Now’
How can you borrow a Kindle book from a friend
If there is an interesting book that you would like to read but the book is out of your budget for the moment then you can borrow it from a friend if he/she has the book. Once you get the book you will get an email notification asking you to download it. Here is what you need to do:
- You will get an email that reads “A Loaned Book for You” on the subject line
- When you click on the ‘Get Your Loaned Book Now’ link you will be directed to a web browser
- Sign in to your Amazon account
- You need to select the device or app that you would like book delivered to
- Click on ‘Accept Loaned Book’
- For those who don’t have an app or Kindle device can follow the directions prompted on the screen to download the Kindle app before they can start reading.
Returning a borrowed Kindle book
If you have borrowed a book you would have to finish reading it within 14 days. Once the 14 days are over books title doesn’t have to be returned it expires automatically. But if you have finished reading it before time here is how you can return it back:
- Go to the ‘Manage Your Content and Devices’ after you have logged in your Amazon account
- Next to the borrowed book click ‘Actions’ and under this select ‘Delete’ in the resulting options
- To confirm the action click ‘Yes’
Now that you know how to share books on a Kindle you can now easily share, lend and borrow books. Happy reading!
Read also- Advantages And Disadvantages Of Amazon Prime
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting products and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.