It has been a few years since Apple Pay has been introduced. It is an easy method to generate contactless payments for public transport, in retail shops, or instantly transfer money to friends. Gradually, more and more banks make changes and now support this service.
Read also- How to Set Up iPhone 8
What is Apple Pay
Introduced in 2014, Apple Pay allows its users to pay for their expenditures at contactless card readers through the near-field communication (NFC) chips entrenched in the iPhone and Apple Watch. You can effortlessly make purchases in the apps by means of Touch ID, and send instant payments.
How To Set Up Apple Pay On iPhone 8
To set up Apple Pay On iPhone 8 go to Wallet app, tap on ‘Add Credit or Debit Card’ option, then tap on Next button, scan your credit or debit card or put in the code information about your card. Next, agree to terms and conditions and finally, verify your card details with your bank to finish the whole procedure.
Adding a card in Apple Pay
Given below are the steps on how to add a card in your Apple Pay on your iPhone 8:
- Open the Wallet app
- Tap on the + button in the top right corner of your screen
- Now tap Next
- Then either physically enter, or scan with the camera for your credit or debit card info.
- Tap on Next button on the Card Details screen.
- Put the card’s expiration date and the security code.
- Tap on Next button.
- Now Tap on Agree button to agree to terms and conditions.
- Tap on Agree
- Click ‘Next’ after selecting your verification method.
- Tap on ‘Enter Code’.
- Enter the details of your verification code and based on your verification method, you can get your verification code through an email, text, or call.
- Tap on ‘Next’.
- Tap on ‘Done’.
To add more credit or debit cards just follow these steps. Apple Pay’s photo-detection method only functions with imprinted numbers. Therefore, if your credit or debit card have flat numbers, you will have to put in the details manually.
Read also- Common iPhone 8 Problems and Their Fixes