Instagram is constantly improving, and with every update, the users get to enjoy something new. Some updates will bring filters and new photo editing options, and some will introduce something entirely different, which was the case when Instagram direct became available. This option allows you to send direct messages to other Instagram users, no matter if you are following them or not. This option is handy if you want to share a photo with only a few of your Instagram buddies and not everyone, or if you simply want to contact someone who uses this app. We are going to share a quick guide to show you how to send a direct message on Instagram.
You may also read: How To Fix Instagram Issues On Android
How to send a direct message on Instagram
There are two methods to send a direct message on Instagram.
- Launch Instagram on your device
- Tap on Instagram direct (as shown in the image below)
- Tap on (+)
- You can type the username of the person you wish to contact in the search box, or you can select one or more persons from the list that will appear
- Once you do that, tap on “Write a message” field at the bottom of the screen
- A new chat window will open, where you can write a message, send a photo or video.
- Launch Instagram app on your device
- Tap on the name of the user
- You will now be on the profile page of the Instagram user
- Tap on three dots in the upper-right corner
- You will see several options there
- Tap on “Send a message”
- A chat window will open, so now just type the message, attach photo or video and contact the user
There it is! As you can see, sending direct messages on Instagram is super simple!
Image Source: www.cultofandroid.com
You may also read: How To See Instagram Posts You’ve Liked On Android
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting products and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.