It appears that Samsung’s bad luck is back once again. Back in 2016, Samsung users had some traumatising experiences after the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 devices started exploding all over the globe. Back then the company had to announce a global recall.
Now, another serious threat appeared after a woman’s car burnt down because of a Samsung phone which caught fire randomly. Samsung immediately responded to this complaint and engineers were sent to examine the problem. The Detroit Fire Department also contacted Samsung about this issue.
The woman managed to save her life
The woman whose care burnt down had two Samsung phones, a Samsung Galaxy S8 and a Samsung Galaxy S4. At this moment it is unclear which device caused the fire. According to the owner, she was driving, when one she noticed a spark coming from one of the phones. The smartphones were in the cupholder of her Nissan Maxima.
Luckily for her, the woman managed to park the car and get out in time, but flames covered the car rapidly. She had no other choice but to witness the fire. The woman also added that she was lucky that she wasn’t stuck in traffic as she was able to escape.
The woman is physically unhurt but she has to deal with the trauma caused by the fire. According to her attorney Gerald Thurswell, she has trouble sleeping. The incident took place on May 21, and the woman was driving in Detroit city.
Samsung is working on this problem
At the moment neither Samsung Galaxy S8 nor Samsung Galaxy S4 were added to a recall list. Samsung is still analysing the problem, and the company declared that it cares about the safety of its clients: “While we don’t comment on pending litigation, we stand behind the safety of the millions of Samsung phones in the United States. We are eager to conduct a full investigation of this matter and until we are able to examine all of the evidence, it is impossible to determine the true cause of any incident.”
It remains to see how Samsung will deal with this incident, as the fire caused bad press once again. However, since there were no issues with Samsung Galaxy S4 and Samsung Galaxy S8 in the past, it is very likely that the fire was caused by some external factor such as improper charger use.
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting products and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.