Samsung has officially confirmed the Galaxy Note 8 launch date. According to the press release, the Galaxy Note 8 will be launched in India on September 12, 2017.
It seems that the event will be at 12:30PM (IST), and everyone who’s interested can watch the launch live by going to the Samsung’s Newsroom website (search for it on Google). Like we’ve mentioned in a previous article, the pre-registrations for this device is already live in India, meaning that the pre-orders will begin around September 12. Finally, the Galaxy Note 8 will hit the stores in India sometime around September 25, 2017.
Samsung Galaxy Note 8: Pre-orders Started In South Korea
The Galaxy Note 8 can already be pre-ordered in South Korea, but that’s something normal since this is Samsung’s “home” country. Whoever pre-orders the Galaxy Note 8 in South Korea, will get the device around September 15, 2017, while general availability is set for September 21, 2017.
The Galaxy Note 8 64GB variant is sold in the mentioned country for about $960, which is a pretty good price for the specifications that it comes with.
Samsung Galaxy Note 8: Specifications
- Dimensions: 162.5×74.8×8.6mm;
- Weight: 195 grams;
- Display: 6.3-inch super AMOLED that supports a resolution of 2960×1440 pixels at 521 ppi (protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 5);
- Chipset: Exynos 8895 Octa (EMEA) or Qualcomm MSM8998 Snapdragon 835 (USA & China);
- Processor: quad-core Samsung M1 CPU clocked at 2.3GHz and a quad-core Cortex A53 CPU clocked at 1.7GHz (EMEA) or quad-core Kryo CPU clocked at 2.35GHz and a quad-core Kryo CPU clocked at 1.9GHz (USA & China);
- RAM: 6GB of RAM;
- Graphics card: Mali-G71 MP20 (EMEA) or Adreno 540 (USA & China);
- Internal storage: 64GB, 128GB or 256GB;
- External storage: up to 256GB using a microSD card;
- Primary Camera: 12MP dual-primary camera that features dual-LED flash, geo-tagging, OIS, touch focus, face detection, panorama;
- Secondary camera: 8MP;
- Battery: 3300 mAh (non-removable).