To all Samsung Galaxy S5 users, there is a good news for you. Now you can Root Galaxy S5 SM-G900F on Android 5.0 Lollipop as Chainfire’s SuperSU root is available for the Galaxy S5 SM G900F model. Although the OTA firmware for Galaxy S5 G900F is available for Poland region only at the moment, users from other countries can download and install the firmware manually following our simple and easy guide.
The Samsung Galaxy S5 owners who already have updated their phone to the latest G900FXXU1BNL2 Android 5.0 official firmware, now easily root their phone via Chainfire’s SuperSU. All you need to do is follow the guide below.
- The necessary USB drivers for Galaxy S5 SM-G900F need to be installed on your computer.
- Navigate to Settings > Developer Options in your Galaxy S5 in order to enable USB debugging mode.
- You can backup the important data in order to avoid any data loss during the firmware installation.
- Make sure that your phone is not locked to any specific carrier.
- The phone should have minimum 80% battery charge to avoid any interruption.
- The Chainfire’s SuperSU tool is only compatible with Galaxy S5 G900F. Do not try to install it on other variants, it may brick the phone. To know the model number, go to Settings > About phone on your Galaxy S5.
Guide To Root Galaxy S5 SM-G900F on Android 5.0 Lollipop
- You can install either TWRP or CMW custom recovery on your Galaxy S5 G900F based on your choice. Here are the links for the custom recovery tools.
- Now copy the SuperSU file that you downloaded to the desired location on your Galaxy S5. It is recommended to save it on the SD-card if available, or else you can use the internal storage.
- Boot your phone into the recovery mode. To do that power off the phone and wait for 5-7 seconds until the display goes off completely. Then press the Home, Power and Volume Up buttons and hold them until you see the Samsung logo on the screen.
- Next press the Install in the recovery menu and select UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.37.zip file.
- In case of CWM, you have to select ‘Yes’ and in case of TWRP, swipe to Confirm and start the installation of the SuperSU file. It will root your phone in few seconds.
- Reboot your phone and enjoy the Root Galaxy S5 SM-G900F on Android 5.0 Lollipop.
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting products and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.