OnePlus has just surprised OnePlus 6T users with the latest Android 10 software update without making any prior announcement on OnePlus forums and that’s something that has never happened before. During last weekend, reports started coming in that OnePlus 6T phones were getting the Android 6T update, ready to install. In the usual OnePlus fashion, the update has been sent only to a few users. Once it receives good feedback and undergoes debugging, it will eventually roll out on a large scale soon. The news of the update was released online by users with detailed information on the new update. The Android 10 update on the OnePlus 6T comes with all of its features along with the Game Space feature and the “Contextual display” ambient display feature.
The release came just in time with reference to the company’s initially projected roadmap, which suggested an Android 10 update for OnePlus 6 and 6T in November. However, it surprisingly came on the first day of the month itself that shows how seriously OnePlus keeps its word.
OnePlus 6T Android 10 Update Changelog
- Upgraded to Android 10
- Brand new UI design
- Enhanced location permissions for privacy
- New customization feature in Settings allowing you to choose icon shapes to be displayed in the Quick Settings
- General bug fixes and improvements
- Added inward swipes from the left or right edge of the screen to go back
- Added a bottom navigation bar to move to the left or right for recent apps
- New Game Space feature now joins all your favorite games in one place for easier access and better gaming experience
- Intelligent info based on specific times, locations and events for Ambient Display (Settings – Display – Ambient Display – Smart Display)
- Now possible to block spam by keywords for Messages (Messages – Spam – Settings – Blocking settings)
As seen in the Changelog on OnePlus 6T phones has listed every new feature that it brings to the table. Most of it is covered with general Android 10-related changes, including icon shape customization, a new gesture navigation system and enhanced permissions. However, there are some OnePlus/OxygenOS specific features that have come to the 6Tincluding the keyword blocking in the OnePlus Messages app, as well as the contextual display that came out on the OnePlus 7 series.
As mentioned above, the update has been sent only to a limited number of devices and if your device hasn’t received the update yet, you can get it via the third-party Oxygen Updater app from Google Play Store.
The update was finally officially announced on the OnePlus Forums today after lots of devices received it worldwide yesterday. The official statement from OnePlus also revealed that this is a staged rollout, which will be delivered to both OnePlus 6 and 6T models today but only in limited numbers. A full-scale rollout for both models will eventually follow then ramping up to all users in a few days once OnePlus is sure there aren’t any critical bugs.
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting products and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.