It seems that Nokia has already started sending out invites for an event that will be held on August 16, 2017. During this event the Finnish Multinational Communications and Information Technology Company will officially announce the Nokia 8 handset.
We have to mention that this device will actually be the first Nokia flagship that the company has released in the last three years. To make things even better, this will also be the first premium device that will have the Nokia brand on it and it will run on Android OS.
The Nokia 8 will be the first smartphone released by Nokia that will feature a dual-primary camera. The device is expected to come in three colors variants: Gold-Copper, Blue and Steel.
Nexus 8: Specifications
- Display: 5.3-inch IPS LCD that supports a resolution of 2560×1440 pixels at 554 (protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 5);
- Chipset: Qualcomm MSM8998 Snapdragon 835;
- Processor: quad-core Kryo CPU clocked at 1.9GHz and a quad-core Kryo CPU clocked at 2.45GHz;
- RAM: 4GB or 6GB;
- Graphics card: Adreno 540;
- Internal storage: 64GB (with 4GB of RAM) or 128GB (with 6GB of RAM);
- External storage: up to 256GB using a microSD card;
- Primary camera: dual 13MP that features Carl Zeiss optics, dual-LED flash, geo-tagging, touch focus, face detection, panorama and HDR;
- Secondary camera: 12MP.
As you can see the upcoming Nokia 8 comes with some impressive specifications. Unfortunately, we don’t know yet its dimensions, how much it will weight and what battery it will have. However, according to rumors, the device will be powered by a non-removable battery. More information about this handset will be revealed next month when Nokia will finally launch it.
What are your thoughts about the upcoming Nokia 8? Will you purchase once it will hit the stores?